Hoping to transition from loader to cover/casual in feeders

Cementups

Box Monkey
2.5 hours north of Albany.

I tried to message you yesterday to see what general area you were in but you have your message inbox turned off. But it seems I wasn't even close. I dropped an international trailer off exit 19 of the Thruway in a parking lot by the toll booths and then picked up an empty in Kingston before heading back to HARPA.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I tried to message you yesterday to see what general area you were in but you have your message inbox turned off. But it seems I wasn't even close. I dropped an international trailer off exit 19 of the Thruway in a parking lot by the toll booths and then picked up an empty in Kingston before heading back to HARPA.

Had you gone up to Exit 23 you would have been in my daughter's part of the world. You would have to take Exit 24 (Albany) and then drive 2.5 hours north to get to my part of the world.

Did you go through the toll "booths" that are actually overhead E Z Pass readers that you don't have to slow down for? I think they are down by Newburgh (OCC) at or around Exit 17.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Had you gone up to Exit 23 you would have been in my daughter's part of the world. You would have to take Exit 24 (Albany) and then drive 2.5 hours north to get to my part of the world.

Did you go through the toll "booths" that are actually overhead E Z Pass readers that you don't have to slow down for? I think they are down by Newburgh (OCC) at or around Exit 17.

Yes but they didn't register my EZPass and said "call EZPASS" but I just kept on going. You still had to sow down but not like going through a booth lane.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Did you drive down 15?

If so, you should have stopped by.

mxblue

You'll need to watch your hours of service. You need 10hrs OFF DUTY before you can drive. So depending on your schedule at the day job, you might need to quit.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Actually it wasn't bad at all. I surprised at how smooth the whole ride was.

Shoulda been up around Avoca last week.

It's not so much the condition of the road, it's the attitude and skill level of the drivers from Scranton all the way to Maryland.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!

It's not so much the condition of the road, it's the attitude and skill level of the drivers from Scranton all the way to Maryland.
I try to avoid 81 because of that reason.

Cementups

Box Monkey

It was fine from Scranton all the way down to the 78 interchange. Then from Grantville into Harrisburg it was creep and crawl.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It was fine from Scranton all the way down to the 78 interchange. Then from Grantville into Harrisburg it was creep and crawl.

Over the past two weeks, PaDOT did a 'summer's' worth of maintenance between W-B and Avoca. It was a total cluster ****. Two to three hour delays.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Over the past two weeks, PaDOT did a 'summer's' worth of maintenance between W-B and Avoca. It was a total cluster ****. Two to three hour delays.

I know it's been a little since you punched a UPS time clock but we get paid by the hour. Sitting in traffic is easy money.