Hot vans

scoobypanda

Tomorrow is going to be 95 degrees and we have 6 van loads that go out of our building every day. There are no vents in the back of the vans. Automotive manager is saying they can't alter the vehicle to install vent and Division manager is afraid packages will get wet. Any van loads out there in hot climates? Could use some advice. I know there must be vents out there in Arizona, Texas, etc. Thanks.

rocket man

took out the ac all togetherthere all the same in fla they came with ac they sent to them to a shop they took it out all together. ill take a van over a 700 any day

Mike Hawk

Tomorrow is going to be 95 degrees and we have 6 van loads that go out of our building every day. There are no vents in the back of the vans. Automotive manager is saying they can't alter the vehicle to install vent and Division manager is afraid packages will get wet. Any van loads out there in hot climates? Could use some advice. I know there must be vents out there in Arizona, Texas, etc. Thanks.
Big steaming pile of BS. They will put trailer hitches on package cars, they can alter the vehicles. Existing package cars already have vents in the back, so it is entirely possible to do it, they just don't want to.

rod

Retired 22 years
ya got to go into feeders to get a "cool" ride :peaceful: otherwise get use to the heat because package cars have always been sweat boxes.

New Englander

Most of those vans have an aux lighter plug to power stuff......
They sell fans that operate that way. If it was me....I'd buy one.

Home Depot has a Ryobi fan that operates off of their batteries you can recharge.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Are you talking about the Sprinter vans or the mini vans the Air Service Centers use? I know that the Sprinters are always hotter than any package car with both front doors open! I had a mini van brought out me in the winter, (break down on road) and I never checked to see if the A/C worked!

scoobypanda

Yes, I am talking about the large straight vans, not soccer mom Sprinter vans. Uncomfortable cab we are all used to, but the cargo area is a greenhouse. The guys and girls delivering the malls are roasting back there.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Does everyone become a smart ass when they bid into feeders?

It is actually part of the bid process and you have to not only sign the bid sheet but the attachment saying that you will become a smart ass upon accepting the feeder position. You also have to either order new pants or bring your current ones to a tailor to have the waist let out. JK.

H

hseofpayne

It is actually part of the bid process and you have to not only sign the bid sheet but the attachment saying that you will become a smart ass upon accepting the feeder position. You also have to either order new pants or bring your current ones to a tailor to have the waist let out. JK.
All our feeder drivers have to let the waist out but take the ass in, it just goes flat after years of sitting on it! Oh, and I have been out hurt for 2 years, so I go down to the bldg every now and then and order bigger pants just in case I go back. It WAS a scorcher today out by the pool, drank plenty of fluids, though! The pool is part of my physical therapy; I had 2 level fusion in my neck, so I go down to the apt. pool and work on my neck flexibility as the girls walk by. The quality of the girl dictates the range of motion!!:happy-very: