hours question

gdm123

my question is if your route is supposed to take 9.5 hours and you take say 11 hours to do it do you get paid for the extra hour and a half at an overtime rate or straight pay or not at all, because i know with the post office if your route is supposed to take 8 hours and you take 10 you only get paid for 8, and i was wondering if ups was the same way

drewed

Shankman
my question is if your route is supposed to take 9.5 hours and you take say 11 hours to do it do you get paid for the extra hour and a half at an overtime rate or straight pay or not at all, because i know with the post office if your route is supposed to take 8 hours and you take 10 you only get paid for 8, and i was wondering if ups was the same way

you get paid ot

helenofcalifornia

Or California. And what up with the Postal Union that allows its workers to work over 8 hours at straight time? I now understand why I see this one carrier always running. Serious, he is always running. And "going postal" has a new meaning to me now. Not paid OT after 8 hours of work? That's just not right.

helenofcalifornia

And can you imagine what UPS would do with our time allowances if we were only paid what the route "should" be done in? Every single route would be an 8 hour time allowance.

OldUPSDriver

Helen, could the postal carrier you saw be a contractor?? Where I live the carriers in rural areas are contractors and I don't think they get OT.