Houston Hub Shipping "On Topic"

lovemyupser

Okay everyone,

I really need to know if the Houston Center or any near by centers will be open next week. If so can I get an address for the center. I am working with a group and we have honey that needs to be shipped in as close to Houston as possible. This honey will help with large animal injuries due to being in water for long periods of time.

Also, do you think UPS would eat the cost of the shipping for this honey? I know that one is a long shot, but I though I would try my hardest.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Okay everyone,

I really need to know if the Houston Center or any near by centers will be open next week. If so can I get an address for the center. I am working with a group and we have honey that needs to be shipped in as close to Houston as possible. This honey will help with large animal injuries due to being in water for long periods of time.

Also, do you think UPS would eat the cost of the shipping for this honey? I know that one is a long shot, but I though I would try my hardest.
Acts of God UPS not paying

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I took a Houston load to the railyard Friday. I guess that means some packages are headed that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

worldwide

Okay everyone,

Check here for the official answer on the status of UPS operations by specific ZIP code:

UPS: Service Alerts

"This honey will help with large animal injuries due to being in water for long periods of time."

Everybody has their cause that's important to them but the priority should be people ahead of animals. UPS just gave $1.5M for recovery efforts - all focused on support for long-term needs ranging from rebuilding to personal and financial recovery assistance.

RawJah

We were open Friday and Saturday. We are off on Monday, despite the fact that we missed many days of work due to Harvey. Not complaining. I'm just foolish enough to work during holidays.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We were open Friday and Saturday. We are off on Monday, despite the fact that we missed many days of work due to Harvey. Not complaining. I'm just foolish enough to work during holidays.
Any idea how long it's going to take you all to catch up?

RawJah

I called-in this past Saturday, food poisoning, I'm not sure if any of the packages that are still in the trucks from two Fridays ago. Based on my observation, the drivers of those trucks which I loaded two Fridays ago still had the same packages in their truck. stated that if those businesses they regularly deliver their bulk stops, the more space will become available for the newer packages to be loaded. The start time at Mykawa on Tuesday is 12:30am, to ensure that we have enough people to handle possibly overwhelming volume coming down the conveyors. Some say it depends on the feeders that will be coming with packages that have been stuck in their freight, possibly since Harvey came.

Nike

I'm in texas and their at least 2 weeks behind. Lots of fuel shortages going on around here just filling the trucks up could be problematic.

wayfair

swollen member
We've been getting a few drivers from a local center down due to the hurricane. To my knowledge pay starts when they hit the road to drive here. They mostly run tight resi areas.

Our building is 450 miles away, that's why I was curious about the plan/pay (housing and meals)