how about the worst gift you got this year?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think it would be interesting to find out about the worst gifts people get. Any stories??

yes we should be grateful for anytime anyone remembers us, but just for fun.....

JustAnotherBody

you remember the prize wall at chucky cheese?

they had for like 50,000 tickets that clear plastic bank that u threw your coins in and it magically put them in the correct paper coin rolls?

I said I used to think those were cool. I forgot to mention I dont anymore.

I appreciate any gift but Id rather the 5$ be spent better.
Some kid got nothing
and I had to pretend to appreciate my new coin rolling bank. i cant wait to go to the bank and watch them unroll my coins before they go in the counter.

at least some 3rd world laborer got a nickel the day he worked 16 hours building it.

Ms Spoken

OK since this is just for fun... I would say a gift that came from that Junk shipper LTD. But, to turn it around my child gave that to his teacher who hates kids since this is her last year teaching.

But, to get real... the worst gift/news was that my moms cancer is back.
we have fought this battle before and we will stair this cancer in the eye again. She is in the best hands at MD Anderson Hospital in Houston.

jlphotog

All my best to you and your Mother, Spoken. That is horrible news.

Please beat that friend* monster.

I lost my Mother to it 19 years ago. No one should ever have to go through what she did.

My thoughts are with you.

Joopster

Boxline Sorter
OK since this is just for fun... I would say a gift that came from that Junk shipper LTD. But, to turn it around my child gave that to his teacher who hates kids since this is her last year teaching.

we have fought this battle before and we will stair this cancer in the eye again. She is in the best hands at MD Anderson Hospital in Houston.

I guess you win.

Sorry to hear the news about your mother. Sending well wishes her way.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My prayers and thoughts, MS. Spoken. Lost my Mom to it 5 yrs ago. It is a tough fight, as you know.

My worst was a Christmas card, sent from my sister-in-law, and all I saw when I opened it was my brothers signature, the one who passed away in June. Then a poem called "im spending Christmas in heaven" Im sure it was meant to be a comforting thing, but it was not. I was getting ready to go shopping and it just kinda rocked my day. She also sent me his urn, through the USPS!!!!!!!, without warning, and had an incorrect addy, and zip on the box. I thought it was just a piece of pottery, OOPS. I think she also thought it would be a nice suprise. Grief makes people do very strange things.

ogrelord

Ground Down
Not that I don't appreciate it, but does the turkey UPS gives us count?

i wouldn't call the turkey a gift. they list it in the benfits page when they tell you how much your going to make that year. it list your hourly, medical, and the turkey.. lol

dillweed

toonertoo - I'm sorry you got such an odd and eerie card. Some folks do handle grief in an unusual way. On the first Mother's Day after my husband's grandma passes away his Mom sent little trinkets that had belonged to her to all the grandkids. She put grandma's return address on the packages. It really rattled my husband to see his dead grandma's return address on that package.

Ms Spoken, hope your Mother has the strength to fight back the beast once again. Please give her an extra hug from someone she doesn't even know, but who cares.

We don't do much gift exchanging so I only got a few things and they were all nice. Biggest surprise was a $10 gift certificate and a santa candy bar from my pt supervisor at UPS. Never in all these years has a supervisor given me more than a pain in the butt. dw

HazMatMan

Not all sups are bad, some just seem to be on a mission to make your life miserable, they have that "us against them attitude" I've worked for some real ungrateful jerks and some real cool ones that you could talk to... I'm sure sups feel that way about us workers too...

HazMatMan

Worst gift--- A pair of dented earrings from my sister to my wife, that it looked like my sister did not want, that was a smack in the face considering how much money my sister has.. what a shame.....

satellitedriver

Sorry to here about you Mom. But, I would like to assure you that she is in the best medical facility on the planet. Sadly, I have been there too many times. If my prayers count, she has them.
Sat

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The worst gift I ever got came from another driver. My Center drew names once, and he gave me a dark brown dress shirt. I never wore it, it got donated to a homeless shelter right away!:ohmy:

tieguy

Banned
For me there are no "worst" gifts. Gift giving comes from a feeling someone tries to achieve. This feeling is special in that it warms the body from head to toe. This feeling cannot be measured or in any way quanified but once felt can bring strong men to their knees and make hard men cry. Its an opium without physical substance. A virus that can never be erradicated. It comes from a love of mankind. It strength burns strongest when given with nothing recieved in return. It burns brightest and warmest when first given but never burns out completely. Its sex without physical interaction. It procreats with no birth and definitely no end. It can conquer the strongest nations and support and revitalize the weakest neighborhoods. No matter how ugly the tie or how obnoxious the gift the love behind it is oh so powerful. Lord let us learn to lay down our arms and become a world of gift givers living of the healthiest opium of all the love and warmth of giving.

Forgive me for getting sentimental may you recieve nothing but the best this world has to offer in the coming new year.

trickpony1

For me there are no "worst" gifts. Gift giving comes from a feeling someone tries to achieve. This feeling is special in that it warms the body from head to toe. This feeling cannot be measured or in any way quanified but once felt can bring strong men to their knees and make hard men cry. Its an opium without physical substance. A virus that can never be erradicated. It comes from a love of mankind. It strength burns strongest when given with nothing recieved in return. It burns brightest and warmest when first given but never burns out completely. Its sex without physical interaction. It procreats with no birth and definitely no end. It can conquer the strongest nations and support and revitalize the weakest neighborhoods. No matter how ugly the tie or how obnoxious the gift the love behind it is oh so powerful. Lord let us learn to lay down our arms and become a world of gift givers living of the healthiest opium of all the love and warmth of giving.

Forgive me for getting sentimental may you recieve nothing but the best this world has to offer in the coming new year.

Get me a bucket! I have to vomit!

trickpony1

Gee, I feel like I'm at work. I was thinking of taller boots because the smile* is getting pretty deep.

I agree completely.
That's the advantage of being in management. One can have extreme mood swings but it's over looked. One can inflict their values on the lowerlings and exact venegence for non-compliance. One can interact with decent human beings with no recourse or accountability. One has free rein to act out their inadequacies upon their captive audience. One has the untethered power to call an employee into their office, if the employee chooses to defend themselves with representation then the wrath will be wrought, if it's a "one-on-one" then veiled threats are made that can't be proven.

Would a reasonable person see comparisions with saddam?