Service Quality, where are we heading?

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
This topic is more for old school delivery drivers , how do you see today service compare to few years ago ? I been with the company for 4 years and I can already see that it’s getting worst , newer generation that don’t give a :censored2: about anything and younger supervisors that tell you to :censored2: a misload as missed when it’s half mile away , Just 2 years ago that would never happen with the old management we had .
Soon
1692637372016622m.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I had a safety ride a couple years ago. I was explaining to my supervisor that at this one certain apartment building, getting it inside the secure lobby was usually the best we could do. He said "don't worry, that's fine to do at all your apartment buildings." I still go door-to-door unless the building has a different protocol but my mind was blown for the rest of that day.

Get him to send that in a diad message and you’ll be good to go

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What is the definition of service at UPS.

A shipper ships to a business is a 5:00 commit. Consignee wants delivery by 10am, but is delivered at 3pm. Is that good service. In UPS' eyes that is good service.
or
A school that gets their delivery attempt at 4:30pm, and is closed. Is that good service. It meets the shipping commit criteria.

Is service to who the real UPS customer is, the shipper or is service for the consignee who is the shippers customer.

Put the bong down you are way over thinking this

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
We also don’t wait around for late trailers or have it shuttled out to us like we used too. We haven’t run misloads for months now,

This is a big one. I'm blown away how often they roll the air car to the next day if its late. Critical care DOES get delivered but I heard a PT supe say "eh, its all Amazon junk anyway" for the rest of it.

The new rule for misloads is "throw it on the belt." We have the new RFD labels but their efficacy is entirely based on whether or not the preload supes bother to scan each truck with their "stun guns."

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
This is a big one. I'm blown away how often they roll the air car to the next day if its late. Critical care DOES get delivered but I heard a PT supe say "eh, its all Amazon junk anyway" for the rest of it.

The new rule for misloads is "throw it on the belt." We have the new RFD labels but their efficacy is entirely based on whether or not the preload supes bother to scan each truck with their "stun guns."
Or if SPAers attached it to the right box