Service Quality, where are we heading?

textat3

Service only exists in measurable forms in 2023. The driver who goes around chatting all day, talking to peoples dogs, using DR bags, hugging every 80 year old and running 12/hr isn’t providing service. His cover driver who runs 24/hr is the service winner. He shuts his mouth, runs trace and doesn’t give a damn that grandma needs help getting the trash bins up the driveway. Grandma should be in a home anyways, The other driver is more productive, is able to service the customer earlier/faster and has time to sweep 2 UPS stores on his way in to get those packages “serviced” earlier. Service is not having a pot roast dinner with every family on your route. It is shutting your mouth, working as instructed, not telling you sup, manager or customer what the company should or shouldn’t be doing. If the company wants your input, they will ask. A preloader might load 4 trucks, 1200 pieces and all the trucks look like a bomb went off. His coworker might loads 3 county routes 600 pieces and have it set up stop for stop. The service winner is the guy he chucked 1200 pieces in 4 cars. He was more efficient and was more productive and provided a better service for the company. Service In 2023 is measured in ways that best serves the compnay and the shareholder. Get over it. Work as instructed. Get some real friends or a dog and stop talking to your customers. You aren’t getting a tip anymore anyways now that they all know you make 190k a year.

Brownwind

Service only exists in measurable forms in 2023. The driver who goes around chatting all day, talking to peoples dogs, using DR bags, hugging every 80 year old and running 12/hr isn’t providing service. His cover driver who runs 24/hr is the service winner. He shuts his mouth, runs trace and doesn’t give a damn that grandma needs help getting the trash bins up the driveway. Grandma should be in a home anyways, The other driver is more productive, is able to service the customer earlier/faster and has time to sweep 2 UPS stores on his way in to get those packages “serviced” earlier. Service is not having a pot roast dinner with every family on your route. It is shutting your mouth, working as instructed, not telling you sup, manager or customer what the company should or shouldn’t be doing. If the company wants your input, they will ask. A preloader might load 4 trucks, 1200 pieces and all the trucks look like a bomb went off. His coworker might loads 3 county routes 600 pieces and have it set up stop for stop. The service winner is the guy he chucked 1200 pieces in 4 cars. He was more efficient and was more productive and provided a better service for the company. Service In 2023 is measured in ways that best serves the compnay and the shareholder. Get over it. Work as instructed. Get some real friends or a dog and stop talking to your customers. You aren’t getting a tip anymore anyways now that they all know you make 190k a year.
Wow… . You described the young guys well. I hope you do well in your supervision classes and get promoted beyond part time.

Remember that the customer is king. Damaged packages, vehicles and injuries also affect the bottom line. Anyone can throw a box at the wrong door and drive away. Us older guys do this job correctly and are the best at it

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What was the thought process of drivers collecting cash on road when checks existed? They actually did this for years while cash disappeared?
Some shippers wouldn’t accept checks from some of these shady ass consignees
Who were always trying to rip somebody off

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
What was the thought process of drivers collecting cash on road when checks existed? They actually did this for years while cash disappeared?
Some consignees wrote bad checks. I had a motorcycle shop that used to get 7-8000 dollars a day in COD’s, and cash was paid

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Cell phones have made our life easier on one hand and much more complicated on the other.
I tried my best to make it complicated for my Supe. Id get a message thru the DIAD to expect a call for help so I wouldn’t go over 9.5. I’d respond “ I don’t use my phone, and you have no right to give my personal info out”. I’d decline the call and go over 9.5. They got Bigly mad over that one 🤣🤣 It was even funnier when they would threaten me over “ sabotage” for not using my phone.

Over70irregs

The service is light years ahead of what it was before. We deliver air on time instead of just writing down that we did. We don't steal COD money to gamble with or rob the customer by taking their money to buy lunch while actually waiving the fee.

The drivers of the past were a bunch of lazy SOB that nearly drove this company into ground with their lies and document falsifying.
Shhhh its wabbit season….

Brown Circus

Shh...It’s peak and I’m hunting logic
Someone is angry we make more money than him 🤣😂🤣😂

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
When I started 5 years ago supervisors were sheeting items as delivered. They used delivered to man or woman option. Seems better now that they’re gone and one of them actually got fired after 30 years of service.