How am i still getting misloads on my truck with these new misload scanners.

Indecisi0n

If they are looking to get rid of you (and you never can tell) the sup may be "salting" your car with misloads.

Since he mentioned it is wrong them bury them you have been given fair warning, which is also part of the set-up to fire someone.

Never, never bury a misload, even if you find it when you are back at the bldg...They have been known to put them on your truck at the end of the day. Immediately inform them when you find it.
Had this happen unloading my air in building at 7:45. Ground letter slide down shelf under the lip loaded tote. Sup told me sheet as missed just be more careful. A lot easier than filing for unemployment.

35years

Gravy route
Even my union rep asked me about that.

The fact that your Union rep asked you about it indicates they may be looking to discipline/fire you over purposely putting on miles or not running misloads.
I would be very cautious. Ask the center every time before running them, and never bury one.

trickpony1

OP-
You're wanting to make their failures and problems yours. Don't do that. It's not healthy and will shorten your life.

They set you up to fail.

You can make their stupidity work for you $$$$$$$.

Work as instructed, don't hide missed pkgs, be honest, text in any questions or unusual situations (making it their problem) and deliver the next package.

At some point your truck will be empty.......and at some point you will retire.

Go with the flow.

35years

Gravy route
Had this happen unloading my air in building at 7:45. Ground letter slide down shelf under the lip loaded tote. Sup told me sheet as missed just be more careful. A lot easier than filing for unemployment.
There have been multiple lawsuits over unjust termination when sups place pkg on truck after returning to the bldg. A lot less common these days since UPS paid out millions on a valid lawsuit.

trickpony1

They tried some sneaky stuff on me when I was in pkg cars.
They put a "shaker" on my truck. For those who don't know, a "shaker" looks like any other package on your car (the size of a loaf of bread). It senses motion/movement and, I guess, records it somehow.

The only problem was it had our customer counter shipper number on it. At the time we couldn't ship within the state. I could shake the pkg and tell it was a shaker.

I sheeted it as missed, handed to the center manager with a witness and asked him not to do that anymore.

This was in the old days before GPS and telemetrics.

trickpony1

There have been multiple lawsuits over unjust termination when sups place pkg on truck after returning to the bldg. A lot less common these days since UPS paid out millions on a valid lawsuit.

....but we still have rogue supes who think they can get away with it.

Indecisi0n

They tried some sneaky stuff on me when I was in pkg cars.
They put a "shaker" on my truck. For those who don't know, a "shaker" looks like any other package on your car (the size of a loaf of bread). It senses motion/movement and, I guess, records it somehow.

The only problem was it had our customer counter shipper number on it. At the time we couldn't ship within the state. I could shake the pkg and tell it was a shaker.

I sheeted it as missed, handed to the center manager with a witness and asked him not to do that anymore.

This was in the old days before GPS and telemetrics.
Would this be like today's "salted" packages ? Only without the gps of course.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Since we are being real, let's get real on how I personally witness and see sups scanning packages while preloaders just load like old school. It's not about doing it by the methods, it's about achieving the scan success rate, whatever it takes. It's about sups instructing the labor to maintain PPH while incorporating another step in the process.
so each loader has a sup standing outside their pull scanning pieces, and you think this increases pph?

yah okay guy; i'm sure you saw one sup doing something stupid with one loader, but it's not physically possible for a systemic issue to exist as you describe, nor would it benefit management in the way you're implying

Over 70

I don't get the big deal with misloads. I always just scan them the minute I find then, answer the y or n question if I can deliver them.

Then do them when I'm 100% done with MY work unless it makes sense to do it at some other point. If no one contacts me to get the one out of the question for me to deliver it sits on the truck, I told them I had it...most of the time my phone will ring and theres someone coming to get it.

Am I doing it right? It's not like anyone trained me on it. I've seen a lot of different answers on here

km3

we all know the buck stops with management, but let's not make this ridiculous, if your preloader isn't scanning the packages, and he's been instructed to, it's his failure not the sups

the sups failure would be to not discipline him, which is another topic

Unless the supervisors are encouraging the practice of scanning & stacking, instead of telling preloaders to do it the way it's supposed to be done.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
so each loader has a sup standing outside their pull scanning pieces, and you think this increases pph?

yah okay guy; i'm sure you saw one sup doing something stupid with one loader, but it's not physically possible for a systemic issue to exist as you describe, nor would it benefit management in the way you're implying
Do you even work on preload with this new system? The scanners are only tied to the trucks by scanning the barcode on the back of the vehicle. Said sup can and does go down the belt, scanning piles of packages and letting the loader do his normal job of loading. During this time other packages can and do get intermingled in the pile resulting in misloads that got "scanned" into the truck.

You know what, this is the exact reason why I don't bother explaining issues to management, you just put blinders on to what is actually happening daily and just read reports as if nothing is going on.

I suppose the 4 FT sups that were terminated in the Roswell center for stealing UPS safety swag by ordering it for personal use and using their personal AMEX cards for non approved purchases didn't happen either? Maybe you should tell them that since they've been fired for over a week.

Yeah, let's talk about integrity. pfft

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Do you even work on preload with this new system? The scanners are only tied to the trucks by scanning the barcode on the back of the vehicle. Said sup can and does go down the belt, scanning piles of packages and letting the loader do his normal job of loading. During this time other packages can and do get intermingled in the pile resulting in misloads that got "scanned" into the truck.

You know what, this is the exact reason why I don't bother explaining issues to management, you just put blinders on to what is actually happening daily and just read reports as if nothing is going on.

I suppose the 4 FT sups that were terminated in the Roswell center for stealing UPS safety swag by ordering it for personal use and using their personal AMEX cards for non approved purchases didn't happen either? Maybe you should tell them that since they've been fired for over a week.

Yeah, let's talk about integrity. pfft

i've deployed several Smart scan sites but yeah if that's what they're doing that's pretty creative for some Georgia country boys