How am i still getting misloads on my truck with these new misload scanners.

oldngray

nowhere special
That's why normal people use emoticons to signify humor/sarcasm/etc. :wink2:
ABNormal.png

Coldworld

60 months and counting
how is it "killing" you???

You're getting paid, correct?
Sort of like when you hear a driver have to wait a minute for a cod or someone to come to the door...." That customer totally killed me today..." Whatever, we get paid by the hour...just company bs thinking you are over for that stop cause you have to wait... Oh no, say it isn't so!!!!

By The Book

Ok thanks, never sheeted a single thing missed yet. I'll ask someone how.
So you've never had another drivers package on your truck and after you've sent in the misload message you never received a message telling you to sheet it as missed? You have a good loader my brother.

By The Book

Had this happen unloading my air in building at 7:45. Ground letter slide down shelf under the lip loaded tote. Sup told me sheet as missed just be more careful. A lot easier than filing for unemployment.
No such thing as a ground letter my friend, unless your getting a warning letter....

twoweeled

Running these misloads is killing me and i worked passed my 30 days whats up with that? Even my union rep asked me about that.
For the most part, this only screws your day up in one way. If you're concerned with production numbers. If you are an hourly worker, working by the hour - Then who cares ??? Production and those mis-loads will take away from you busting your butt. The key is NOT to bust your butt!! Work at a steady pace, by the hour - and I guarantee, the only one those mis-loads will bother, is your management. When your production suffers a bit, managment will ask you about it. With sincerity in your eyes - you tell them the misloads are hurting your production. DON'T TRY TO CONVINCE THEM - BUT JUST TELL THEM ONCE!! They probably won't do crap about it. They'll come to you again. You notify them again. DON'T TRY TO CONVINCE THEM, JUST REMIND THEM (talking is a waste of time - the WOR speaks for you). Chances are fair to excellent they will straighten out the misloads (eventually). If they don't, then who cares. You are now an hourly worker. The extra time it takes you to deliver those misloads, is coming out of managements butt, NOT YOURS!!
Don't argue about it. Trust me on this.

Over 70

So you've never had another drivers package on your truck and after you've sent in the misload message you never received a message telling you to sheet it as missed? You have a good loader my brother.

I've sent in the misload, got no response and left it on the truck and went home lol

twoweeled

If they are looking to get rid of you (and you never can tell) the sup may be "salting" your car with misloads.

Since he mentioned it is wrong them bury them you have been given fair warning, which is also part of the set-up to fire someone.

Never, never bury a misload, even if you find it when you are back at the bldg...They have been known to put them on your truck at the end of the day. Immediately inform them when you find it.
EXACTLY!!!! Some drivers don't believe they ever audit cars. Well they audited mine, at least once that I know of. I was there while they did it. I was on the hot list, but that's besides the point. They did salt cars many years ago, I assume they still will. Just do what your supposed to do.
EVERY TIME!!

35years

Gravy route
1. O.P. is getting lots of misloads.
2. He is not sheeting them as missed...Dishonesty in these cases is often assumed by management.
3. Steward is informed by management about the driver having misloads .
4. PCM about not burying misloads is given.
5. Steward talks to driver about having many misloads.
6 Not knowing proper procedure, driver continues not to sheet missed.

What could this mean?

Here is one possibility...

Driver sends message about misloads but does not sheet, perhaps more than once.
Management wants to salt his truck and see if he is dishonest. And if so, plans on firing him. They do not want a fight over his termination if salts show he is failing to sheet as missed...So steward is informed that they are investigating possible dishonesty and tell him the driver has failed to sheet missed boxes more than once.

Steward tells management they need to make it clear to newbie driver that "burying" misloads is wrong but he agrees not to tell driver they are investigating/salting, in case he is dishonest. PCM is given about sheeting all pkgs properly and not burying misloads. Steward does not tell driver he is being investigated, but does say to driver he is aware the driver is getting a lot of misloads...

Management continues to salt the load until the driver fails to send a misload text AND fails to sheet as missed, at which point they will fire him.

CYA. Sheet all boxes. Sheet all misloads not run as missed. Let management make the call about which ones to run.

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
They still salt cars all the time.
But the lawsuit was about salting AFTER driver had returned to bldg.
A total setup. That is why UPS had to pay.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Running these misloads is killing me and i worked passed my 30 days whats up with that? Even my union rep asked me about that.
Just come in early and work for free going through ur truck, then right before u leave bldg stack them on slide behind ur truck

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Since we are being real, let's get real on how I personally witness and see sups scanning packages while preloaders just load like old school. It's not about doing it by the methods, it's about achieving the scan success rate, whatever it takes. It's about sups instructing the labor to maintain PPH while incorporating another step in the process.

It's about what really happens in real centers.
The stupid young ie guy just got told.....again

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

so each loader has a sup standing outside their pull scanning pieces, and you think this increases pph?

yah okay guy; i'm sure you saw one sup doing something stupid with one loader, but it's not physically possible for a systemic issue to exist as you describe, nor would it benefit management in the way you're implying
Happens everyday. Clueless

km3

WTF!!! 3 times to the same spot. must have burried it in a dump. Sneaky SOBs

We've incorrectly sorted the package at our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay.

Missorted 14 times in the last month. Wow. This could be a fun tracking number to follow in the future. Just for a laugh.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
One clerk wrote it up as a bad address! I saw it in a training room, not on my car. They use real packages when they missort on my car with the new scanning system. I have new Preloaders all the time, we can't keep them. And I have seen the PT supervisors scan and pile them behind my car for the Preloader to load them.

One clerk wrote it up as a bad address! I saw it in a training room, not on my car. They use real packages when they missort on my car with the new scanning system. I have new Preloaders all the time, we can't keep them. And I have seen the PT supervisors scan and pile them behind my car for the Preloader to load them.
At my building, UPS has had to resort to using Art 22.3 employees to staff half the midnight/preload sorts. Plus double shifters during vacations, both hourly and PT sups.