How can FedEx make money on this?

whenIgetthere

I thought you guys wanted more hours. Can't have it both ways...unless you're just bitchin' for the sake of it.

I love the extra hours, BUT, with no service disruption, lots of lates. I have six commit times on Saturday alone, and since I do all the late pick ups at my station on SDR, pretty sure that CTV will be late to the ramp.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Bingo! I'll take the extra hours, I just don't want the blame for taking lates due to bad planning!

I know whenever we have a large shipment from a single shipper both the shipper and company will agree on a relaxed commit time. Is Apple insisting on the regular commit times or are they allowing relaxed commit times?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I know whenever we have a large shipment from a single shipper both the shipper and company will agree on a relaxed commit time. Is Apple insisting on the regular commit times or are they allowing relaxed commit times?

Yes,
If we can't get the ipads del'd on time we can put a "future delivery request" scan on them per apple. This takes the committ time off. They still have to have an attempt made same day. We usually get this "out" in situations like these apple launches.

I ran into the UPS lady on my rt. this AM and she said she had a ton of them. I only had 10. She also said that they told them to stop del'ing them after 1030, get the other frt. off, and then go back and finish the ipads.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have said it before and now again. If they want to pay, I'll play.

I know you'll play, but you will get to have the "fun" of having routes with multiple service levels and drivers that only know how to straightline. I guarantee it will be very frustrating.

bbsam

Staff member
We broke drivers of straight line thinking along time ago with pickup times. It's nothing new, just a matter of logistics and if they put the money there for it, I have no problem getting it done.

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam, please refrain from using the word "logistics". Thank you.

UPS Legal
Logistical? Logistiality? Logical movement of goods from one location or another? Logos theology? Loki? Logjam? Log-Cabin Republican? Please advise me of the extent of your patent of "L" words for future reference. Thank you.

bbsam, Smart ass

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I know you'll play, but you will get to have the "fun" of having routes with multiple service levels and drivers that only know how to straightline. I guarantee it will be very frustrating.

The real problem will be identifying which addys. are bus. and which are resi. They will have separate commit times for 2day and XS. They'll have to figure a way for Home to take the resis., and Ground to take the bus. Ha ha ha.

bbsam

Staff member
The real problem will be identifying which addys. are bus. and which are resi. They will have separate commit times for 2day and XS. They'll have to figure a way for Home to take the resis., and Ground to take the bus. Ha ha ha.
Do you realize how far this conversation has gone in the last couple years? From "Fred would never do anything to damage the reputation of Express," to "Ground will never be able to handle the volume," to "Ground will never be able to make commit times," to "Ground's going to have to figure out business and residential addresses." Don't look now, but people around here are becoming believers.