How can I defend myself to a supervisor/higher management being rude without getting in trouble?

AK.

I’ve had supervisors cuss at me, not give me my guaranteed breaks, talk to me extremely rudely like “Shut up, pull the belt in” etc. They also try to rush me working. I’ve gotten told to tell my union stewart or HR about the incidents which I most likely will, but for now I need a way to sort of tell my supervisors to stop being rude without getting in trouble. Whenever they try to rush me, from now on I will tell them I am working safe, but I need a respectful way to tell them to stop being rude to me and other workers.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I’ve had supervisors cuss at me, not give me my guaranteed breaks, talk to me extremely rudely like “Shut up, pull the belt in” etc. They also try to rush me working. I’ve gotten told to tell my union stewart or HR about the incidents which I most likely will, but for now I need a way to sort of tell my supervisors to stop being rude without getting in trouble. Whenever they try to rush me, from now on I will tell them I am working safe, but I need a respectful way to tell them to stop being rude to me and other workers.
Smile

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
543CB0CE-AE56-4089-9DFC-3D89C1315E6A.gif

AK.

Grow a pair
Ask for a steward to be present or tell your sup to take a hike
If anything the sups need to grow a pair, so thats a zero, because telling them to take a hike will make their sensitive :censored3: mad and threaten to fire you. I’ve had it happen before when I told my supervisor to friend* off for asking me to do stupid stuff

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
827F9F9D-F314-4C0D-B636-B925FC28866E.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If anything the sups need to grow a pair, so thats a zero, because telling them to take a hike will make their sensitive :censored3: mad and threaten to fire you. I’ve had it happen before when I told my supervisor to friend* off for asking me to do stupid stuff

You sound like a tuff guy

I don't think anyone on here can help you.

AK.

You sound like a tuff guy
Well I’m not and I admit I’m not, I started working at UPS in July to get a headstart on college and they treat people like me like garbage, they constantly do things on purpose to try to screw us over, so yes naturally I won’t be one of those people that deal with BS everyday and try to call it being “tough”

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
C5B431EC-6AC1-4221-98D1-F138485CCEB4.gif
Well I’m not and I admit I’m not, I started working at UPS in July to get a headstart on college and they treat people like me like garbage, they constantly do things on purpose to try to screw us over, so yes naturally I won’t be one of those people that deal with BS everyday and try to call it being “tough”

shocker, looks like everyone on here is a bunch of middle aged * who hate their lives because they’ve been working at ups their whole life
Mi we have experience in these matters and you Millennials get too birthday hurt when you have to act like a grown up.

@burrheadd will handle all further questions

Last edited by a moderator:

Rack em

Made the Podium
I like that, don't let them bully you around. If it continues just say "I'll be getting my steward and filing a harassment grievance after the sort" Then do exactly that and he should back off. If he doesn't then you'll have to escalate things, but harassment grievances usually settle the power trip sups down.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
File harassment grievance or call HR on them or man up and tell him off. Get a steward involved start a trail that makes this guy think twice before being a ass hat.

Rack em

Made the Podium
shocker, looks like everyone on here is a bunch of middle aged * who hate their lives because they’ve been working at ups their whole life
Members here will feed off comments like this. Try not to let people get under your skin, just like the supervisor you have.

Last edited by a moderator:

AK.

I like that, don't let them bully you around. If it continues just say "I'll be getting my steward and filing a harassment grievance after the sort" Then do exactly that and he should back off. If he doesn't then you'll have to escalate things, but harassment grievances usually settle the power trip sups down.
Thank you for being helpful, and not one of these annoying baby boomers that like to blame everything on us millennials like we don’t go through tougher things that they do or like they didnt raise them, I’m here now to pay off my college and get this work out of the way now instead of staying here my whole life to be bitter about it. I’ll say that next time I have a supervisor being a jerk without a reason. I expected this place to be like this, not sure what I expected, Just needed some advice. Thanks

AK.

File harassment grievance or call HR on them or man up and tell him off. Get a steward involved start a trail that makes this guy think twice before being a ass hat.
so if I man up they cant fire me right? thats the thing, i would love to but ive done it before and they threaten to fire me so i started toning it down, i know im in the union and will get my job back but its not as simple for me to do that, i have to keep my job until i can get out of the program im in