How can I defend myself to a supervisor/higher management being rude without getting in trouble?

AK.

@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U isn't a bad guy, he's just been really bitter lately after getting his ass kicked in the brown cafe fantasy football championship match.
i thought he might’ve been a decent person when he suggested something decent until he started trying to become a smartass lol. its not like i havent tried to do anything though, ive done all i can without trying to get myself in trouble

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Uh oh, babby's MAGA safe space forgot to tell them the fundamentals of a union shop.
1)They can't fire you
2)There are multiple approaches to percieved/actual/halfway harassment.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
You need to start using the contract language to your defense, when the supervisor says your not guaranteed your 3hrs tell him which article it is under. When they say your not allowed break even after 3hrs show them which article. Carry that book around tell your other coworkers and stand strong it will take time and effort to weed these :censored2:s out of their bad habits but worth it in the long haul. Talk and get to know your steward and BA and this will also show management that your not some newbie nobody and should help you if you file any grievances against them in the future. Stand tall and stand strong together you can make change happen.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I’ve had supervisors cuss at me, not give me my guaranteed breaks, talk to me extremely rudely like “Shut up, pull the belt in” etc. They also try to rush me working. I’ve gotten told to tell my union stewart or HR about the incidents which I most likely will, but for now I need a way to sort of tell my supervisors to stop being rude without getting in trouble. Whenever they try to rush me, from now on I will tell them I am working safe, but I need a respectful way to tell them to stop being rude to me and other workers.
Take your pusillanimous pink hat and work elsewhere.

AK.

You need to start using the contract language to your defense, when the supervisor says your not guaranteed your 3hrs tell him which article it is under. When they say your not allowed break even after 3hrs show them which article. Carry that book around tell your other coworkers and stand strong it will take time and effort to weed these :censored2:s out of their bad habits but worth it in the long haul. Talk and get to know your steward and BA and this will also show management that your not some newbie nobody and should help you if you file any grievances against them in the future. Stand tall and stand strong together you can make change happen.
the thing is is that we never got any tangible union book or contract or anything like that and im not sure where to get it, they also break child labor laws, im 17 and theres been multiple days ive worked over 5 hours without getting a 30
minute unpaid lunch break and they know of it too, my part time and full time sup both told me it was optional which is absolute bs, but they always intimidate us into keeping us quiet. i shouldnt let them but it happens and i want to tell them off

BigBrown87

the thing is is that we never got any tangible union book or contract or anything like that and im not sure where to get it, they also break child labor laws, im 17 and theres been multiple days ive worked over 5 hours without getting a 30
minute unpaid lunch break and they know of it too, my part time and full time sup both told me it was optional which is absolute bs, but they always intimidate us into keeping us quiet. i shouldnt let them but it happens and i want to tell them off
Talk to your union steward and request a contract book or go to your local union hall and get one. The only time I have ever got a union contract book is when the new contract is done and they usually will give us one when we walk into work.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Talk to your union steward and request a contract book or go to your local union hall and get one. The only time I have ever got a union contract book is when the new contract is done and they usually will give us one when we walk into work.
I always grab a stack of them and put them in my locker so when someone needs one I can give them one. There is usually a bunch leftover since a lot of people don't want them.

AK.

Thank you guys both for your help, ill try to figure these things out and put them into action especially if it gets worse. next time a supervisor does something stupid im just gonna grow the pair and tell them straight up that im going to HR or that i want to talk to my union steward. wasnt expecting there to be actual helpful people here, typically its all :censored2:bags but you guys are great helping me out

Rack em

Made the Podium
They are clearly taking advantage of your age thinking you won't know any better. Do what big brown says and find a contract to read. Then find the child labor laws for your state online, print them out, and hand them to your supervisors. Tell them if they fail to comply there will be labor charges filed.

AK.

Thank you guys both for your help, ill try to figure these things out and put them into action especially if it gets worse. next time a supervisor does something stupid im just gonna grow the pair and tell them straight up that im going to HR or that i want to talk to my union steward. wasnt expecting there to be actual helpful people here, typically its all :censored2:bags but you guys are great helping me out
the only problem is is that i have
no clue where HR is but i will find a way lmao, im determined if these :censored2:s keep testing me. next time i have to do stupid :censored2: im gonna tell them straight up. i know i have a few friends to back me up if need be as well, theyre all tired and sick of it too but we’re always hushed and im sick of it

AK.

They are clearly taking advantage of your age thinking you won't know any better. Do what big brown says and find a contract to read. Then find the child labor laws for your state online, print them out, and hand them to your supervisors. Tell them if they fail to comply there will be labor charges filed.
we have mentors for situations just like this, and i told her about it shes contacted
them multiple times and shes even emailed them the rules for it, i think my full timer sort of gave my part time sup a little bit of criticism over it but we havent had a 5 hour day since peak ended. thank you though. ill tell them next time i dont get one that its against the law and hopefully that scares them because i remember when we told our mentors they tried acting all fake nice with us to avoid getting in trouble

PT Car Washer

no clue where HR is but i will find a way lmao, im determined if these :censored2:s keep testing me. next time i have to do stupid :censored2: im gonna tell them straight up. i know i have a few friends to back me up if need be as well, theyre all tired and sick of it too but we’re always hushed and im sick of it
My contract book says I have a 3 1/2 hour guarantee.

BigBrown87

UPS Helpline

Cardb0ard.

Beer and more beer
shocker, looks like everyone on here is a bunch of middle aged * who hate their lives because they’ve been working at ups their whole life
Grow a pair of nuts, you’re soft who can’t stand up for themselves. Find another job