how can we beat a company like this

browned out

UPS first priority is far from safety. UPS has spent millions repainting and re-logo ing all the fleet, millions on PAS and EDD, millions on DIAD upgrades, millions on telematics, etc. Still we have trucks with no shoulder seat belts, seats with no neck support, no power steering, high steps etc.

UPS also seems to believe that monitoring package car idle time is more important than the helper's or oncar's safety of who ever is in the jump seat. It is too difficult for UPS to put the sensor on the jump seat; Really? Heres an idea; at peak; maybe don't monitor the idle time and use that spot for the jump seat sensor. The lack of it almost killed a helper this year.

Dynomite

I pay 5 bucks for the union in FL it was 10 I think in IL. My last check was 147 bucks 2 going to the United Way and 5 going to 401k and 1 going to Drive. I have been here for almost 4 years. I hear all these old people tell me how much UPS paid back in the day and I wish I could say they still do!!!!1 I read the starting pay in the 70's was like 6 bucks and in the 80's it was 8... 2012 and its 8.50? wtf is that?

cheryl said:
Quoted post deleted
I remember hearing about this. I'm so sorry for your loss and hope you have consulted a lawyer to get whatever is needed to be worked out. I wouldn't post to much information on this site. God bless I hope you find something to help you and your family.

bluehdmc

Where's the report from my center?

Yes that's not listed. Didn't someone get Whistleblower money for that?
I'd heard about the Earth City driver before.

I think a lot of the problem is not UPS itself, it's various managers that are fearful for their own jobs and wouldn't know what to reply when on the conference call.

Years ago I worked in a rock quarry, we had people from the Mining Enforcement and Safety Administration (MESA) come in.
They made a presentation of various accident scenarios. They said one thing that has stuck with me ever since and can be applied to just about any work place that involves moving machinery.

"The greatest causes of accidents in the mining industry is overambitous foreman and inexperienced workers."

UPS like all companies makes decisions regarding safety on a dollar and cents basis. (Think Ford saving something like $7 per Pinto and the gas tank wouldn't have blown up in a rear end collision.)

If you include hub people particularly in the larger hubs a 400% turnover ratio seems entirely believable. Where I am they are constantly giving "tours", sometimes at midnite. They give the tour, then the applicants that are still interested go back and fill out the application online.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Yes that's not listed. Didn't someone get Whistleblower money for that?
I'd heard about the Earth City driver before.

I think a lot of the problem is not UPS itself, it's various managers that are fearful for their own jobs and wouldn't know what to reply when on the conference call.

Years ago I worked in a rock quarry, we had people from the Mining Enforcement and Safety Administration (MESA) come in.
They made a presentation of various accident scenarios. They said one thing that has stuck with me ever since and can be applied to just about any work place that involves moving machinery.

"The greatest causes of accidents in the mining industry is overambitous foreman and inexperienced workers."

UPS like all companies makes decisions regarding safety on a dollar and cents basis. (Think Ford saving something like $7 per Pinto and the gas tank wouldn't have blown up in a rear end collision.)

If you include hub people particularly in the larger hubs a 400% turnover ratio seems entirely believable. Where I am they are constantly giving "tours", sometimes at midnite. They give the tour, then the applicants that are still interested go back and fill out the application online.
He got a few checks. The whistleblower check was for $250,000. He got a lot more than that, though. He's living the high life about 40 miles north of me.