How come? Department

over9five

Staff member
How come I get this when I go to Teamsternet?

"This board is currently offline.

Still working!

We are going to be offline for the rest of the week.

There are a couple of system updates to perform and also several complaints to address.

Thank you!

-Phil"

Very little moderation over there, and Phil keeps getting sued. Coincidence? I think not.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Over,

This is a quote that Jones posted in another thread:
" and someone is going to start getting warnings for "thread derailment" if they keep it up."

Now, we all know who this was directed towards, but this is what I was referring to. If this is done to one person because he interjects something irrevelant into the thread, can this not happen to every other poster in every other thread on this forum?

If it a "flame" of another individual then I agree, a warning should be forwarded to the offending party, but to do it because there were off topic posts in the thread and no reported offenses within the posts, where does it stop?

What I'm saying is that is a precedent can be set with actions like that, and when setting precedent, it can be construed as a "power grab" if not done carefully by those involved.
It was a joke :wink2:. The posts were deleted because it was turning into a flame war. Going off topic happens all the time and is no big deal. No one is getting warnings for "Thread derailment".

Nimnim

The Nim
It was a joke :wink2:. The posts were deleted because it was turning into a flame war. Going off topic happens all the time and is no big deal.

87a4e689.gif

Whoa there, mods aren't allowed to backtrack like this. Your word is law. All those that defy get a banhammer.
069.gif

I'm thinking the stress is getting to you.
th_085_.gif

Take a nice bath and come back renewed for the fight!
b6b25dc6.gif
047.gif

iowa boy

It was a joke :wink2:. The posts were deleted because it was turning into a flame war. Going off topic happens all the time and is no big deal. No one is getting warnings for "Thread derailment".

Sorry Jones but I didn't find it funny. It really looked like a veiled threat to me. Thats why I brought it up.:peaceful:

curiousbrain

How come the grass is always greener on the other side?
Do small creatures have scientists that try and figure out why big creatures exist?
Do big creatures have scientists that try and figure out why small creatures exist? Nah, that'd be insane.
Does Bud Light have drinkability? The twelve empties next to me say yes, but my stomach says no.
McDonalds is nasty. No question there, just an opinion.
Is there any such thing as a fact, anymore? If so, whose facts are superior? In which case, isn't it an opinion? Bah.
Why is my dog only fluffy on certain days - does he have a fluffy pill hidden under the couch he takes when I'm not looking?
Do dog scientists study the doorknob?
Why can a woman completely discombobulate a man? Must be nature.
What is evolutions reason for boobs? Besides the obvious, I mean.
Can't we all just get along?
Isn't cheese grand?
Cake or death?

Last edited by a moderator:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
In this case i actually started a thread to help rather then attack your moderator . I was wondering why i was charged with harrassment.
I really hate even getting into the discussion because I honestly dont want to hurt cheryls feelings.

I just really sincerely wanted a way to ask questions about jones decisions and get an answer. I tried to do it privately but he refused to give me more then the canned response. Why is it so difficult to ask the question as to how or why a decision is made.

I'm sorry to post this publicly but it looks like the private message option is not working. software issues?
Looks like along with your infraction you were banned from PM'ing. I can't send you one.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Im not trying to be a smart-aleck when I say this, but I didn't see any where in the terms of service that a "thread derailment" is considered a violation of the posted terms of this forum.

90% of the threads on this forum have gotten derailed in the 3 years that I have been a member here, and now all of a sudden its becoming an issue?

If there are gonna be warnings issued to members about 'thread derailment', then it should be posted in the terms of service on this website otherwise it looks like a power grab to some of us on here, myself included.
+1 billion gajillion

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Oh come on. No-one is giving warnings about thread derailments. Geez, we'd have to do every thread we have...
But the thread derailments are becoming nasty flames, and that IS a TOS violation.
Then warn for the flaming and remove the flame but that doesn't mean the off topic posts have to be removed.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You seem to have forgotten what the smilies are for and right now it wouldn't matter much. You have let your little bit of authority go straight to your head.

It's not funny anymore.