How did "Brown Cafe" come to be what it is today?

DS

Fenderbender
ups must respect this site if I can click on the whiteboard adds...way to go Cheryl...
but if you get so rich from this we gotta make this a collective,like the borg on star trek...
you have been assimilated

Sammie

Tieguy,Sammie and Channahan...........

I have a "Request 8" on Monday.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow!! I'm hornswaggled!

This is an impressive honor coming from such a brilliant, dazzling new group that I accidentally happened to stumble upon. (And which I enjoy the living h*** out of...)

And hats off to you, Lady Cheryl, for providing us with this little "commune" within the industry.

I have told so many of my UPS friends about this wonderful site and would you believe that there are still folks out there who are gun shy about getting on a computer??

OK. First things first.

For you inside folks who spend 10 hours a day in prairie dog villages, (my nic name for cubicles; you call out for "Mike" and "Mike's" little head pops right up...) I'm going to steal a couple of ideas from the Japanese culture to make your lives at work more of a beautiful and productive thing... (Oh, please)..

1.) A daily two hour nap after lunch in a dark, quiet room. (And no funny business!!!!!)

2.) No more suits and ties.

2 1/2.) This may mean that ONE of us may need to change his Brown Cafe "handle"...???...

And for our mighty Road Warriers and Hub Olympians....

1.) A guaranteed light load at least once a week...

2.) UPS socks and undies will be provided free of charge (Let us know your initials and we'll have them stitched on with bright colors)...

3.) Coffee and donuts every Monday, because you're special.

And anything else, stuff it in the Red suggestion boxes that you will find in your centers first thing Monday morning.

Good Job Everybody, Over and Out!

And Happy Easter to you !!! :laugh:

Last edited:

satellitedriver

So lets make a UPS dream team, spurred on by upsdudes post.

Lets have Cheryl as the dm, tieguy the center manager. Satellite, over9five, local 804 will be our stewards. Sammie and channahan will be our sups. Wily will be our arbitrator. He will show up once a month.

DS and I will be the problem children:w00t: Moreluck will be our activities director. Oh I gotta think, there is a place for everyone, give me a minute and some help, thoughts?
I am flattered to be included. All the important positions seem to be filled. Since the only position that seems open is being a driver, I will try to fill that space. Union on one side,management on the other and the driver in the middle. It would feel like old home week. Diadlover can be the presenter of our Christmas turkeys. Just don't ask Moreluck to cook for us,for some reason she thinks she spends to much time in the kitchen.Cheryl can be anything she wants, without her this fantasy would not be possible.
This thread started as how did "Brown Cafe" come to be what it is today.
That was easily answered by Cheryl in her post. The hard part will be what we do with it in the future. The troll thing woke me up to fragile nature of this type of info sharing. I love the wit, wisdom and life experiences that can be shared. From that, I have tried to grow by being able to speak my mind without my natural tendency to caustic wit. I have a long way to go. I only have this forum and all the diverse opinions on it to thank for helping try to grow in that direction.

browniehound

I am flattered to be included. All the important positions seem to be filled. Since the only position that seems open is being a driver, I will try to fill that space. Union on one side,management on the other and the driver in the middle. It would feel like old home week. Diadlover can be the presenter of our Christmas turkeys. Just don't ask Moreluck to cook for us,for some reason she thinks she spends to much time in the kitchen.Cheryl can be anything she wants, without her this fantasy would not be possible.
This thread started as how did "Brown Cafe" come to be what it is today.
That was easily answered by Cheryl in her post. The hard part will be what we do with it in the future. The troll thing woke me up to fragile nature of this type of info sharing. I love the wit, wisdom and life experiences that can be shared. From that, I have tried to grow by being able to speak my mind
without my natural tendency to caustic wit. I have a long way to go. I only have this forum and all the diverse opinions on it to thank for helping try to grow in that direction.

Ditto that Satellite. Cheryl closed out the original theme of the post, but it has taken a very interesting twist since then. I'm interested as to where we take it from here. I hope we keep it going.

wkmac

Posted by Cheryl:wkmac, I do remember that I sent you many many invitations to come over to the dark side and participate on this forum.

Cheryl,
Until that posting above, the vast majority of the folks here were ready to nominate you for Brown sainthood but you just blew any chance of that ever happening with that admission!
:wink:

Yeah, I admit I was grossly slow to respond to your invites but like Motley this place has some good folks as well.

As to the dreamteam idea! Scratch, me be you PE guy?

OH HELL NO!!!!!!!!
:lol:

I have busted a gut reading all the response however and the idea of Tie giving himself a warning letter was ... well let's just say I had to go get a paper towel to clean the spewed coffee off my monitor.

And since Tie is the center manager you're gonna need a good, combative Feeder driver and I can think of none better than Trickpony. Every workgroup need 2 individuals guaranteed to wipeup the WWE persona in the workplace to provide the entertainment and something to talk about for everyone else.

Come On Trick, get in gear cuase you "GOTTA GIT YOU SOME OF THIS!"

:wink:

Me and organized religion mix like water and oil but for those of you who hold special places for the events of this weekend I wish the very best and God's blessing on you and your families!

wkmac

BTW, susie and slot**op were the same person, there is undeniable proof in the admin side of the site.

Even from the non-administrative side, if you ever looked at some of Sus##'s early posts with links, it took you to some political blogs where ironically one of the featured names was none other than Sl##hr0p. Late when trouble began to brew for the Sus## handle, sl0#h or rather Tyrone Slot### appeared on the scene.

The name Tyrone Slot#### is a character from a 1970's fiction book entitled Gravity's Rainbow and I forget the author. I've never read the book because to be honest I never read fiction books. I'm one of these nuts who'd rather read a book on history and my idea of perfect TV is the History Channel (or channels like it) 24/7 much to my families wailing and gnashing of teeth! Tyrone in the book I think played some type of gov't official, something in the military or something to that effect. Beyond that, someone else will have to fill in the blanks.

upsdude

I don't care who you all want to be- as long as I get to remain "Retired Guy".

Tooner,

Rod can be the retired guy we run into from time to time. We can tell him how much better things were when he was in charge!

UPS-Vette can be our IE guy. I seem to remember him posting about time studies in the past.

We're going to need a couple cover drivers, I feel a request off coming. :thumbup1:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Scratchking will have to be human resources, he lets the good in and throws out the bad.

lklnd3380can be the preload sup, but cannot wear that uniform to work. She may need to unload a trailer coz of call offs.

I am one of the drivers, Im calling in upsvette for a timestudy stat.

aspenleaf is an excellent choice for pt arbitrator, for the preload, but shes soon going to have a real job. Maybe she will stay on as Health mgr.

Ps, I didnt mean to railroad this thread. Just thought it was an excellent way to show how much this board has helped us, and how much we enjoy it.

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Tooner,
I don't know about being the HR guy, I was hoping to be the "oldtimer" Package Driver with the "Gravy Route" that everyone is hoping will retire soon so that they can bid on it. Opps, that is what I do now! Oh, and this Center will have to be in "Clarksville", I still have those old training books that were used to teach us sheeting packages on paper.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I had forgot about Clarksville. Clarksville USA, where UPS "Methods" are always perfect!:w00t:

Now I know why UPS made Clarksville the perfect center! The Monkeys had the pop hit "Last Train to Clarksville" back in the 60's when UPS, REA & Parcel Post were the only game in town! Yea, I know I'm old.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Now I know why UPS made Clarksville the perfect center! The Monkeys had the pop hit "Last Train to Clarksville" back in the 60's when UPS, REA & Parcel Post were the only game in town! Yea, I know I'm old.
No you are not old, They were my favorite band, and the show!!! Mickey, Davey, peter, and Mike ? Please dont tell me I got them all right.