How did it go for you?

BigBrownboxx

How old were you when you first started driving? Did you get laid off? And if so how much did you? Just curious.. I went driving at 21 and got laid off a little bit!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I went driving at 23 in August of 1989. I was laid off after peak in 1990 for about two weeks,and worked two shifts to get my hours. We had a big hiring spree in 1990-1991 so i was never laid off again

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Worked 87 peak , casual on the twi. ,,,laid off Dec 26
I re applied Jan 89 , was 24 yrs old , made me a driver , never laid off again ,

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I went driving at 23 in August of 1989. I was laid off after peak in 1990 for about two weeks,and worked two shifts to get my hours. We had a big hiring spree in 1990-1991 so i was never laid off again
On paper clipboard , here's a map , don't miss any stops or pick ups and don't hit anything ,,, now get going ! Lol that was our training! Right !

R1wonder

Jemco map . Part time cover driver for maybe 3 years before getting full time / always had plenty of work. I feel bad for these guys now that move from 22.4 to rpcd and get forced in sat while the 22.4 still get their two days off

DriverNerd

Started driving at 30. Never laid off, but I was full time for seven years before becoming a driver so I didn't start at the bottom of the driver list (here full time seniority is hub wide, not job specific when transferring).