How did UPS deliver a half ripped off label?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by SteinHorn, Aug 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteinHorn

SteinHorn New Member

I looked at the label on my delivered package and not only did the tracking say it was delivered but it actually was delivered. But the label was missing (ripped off)the barcode and even the written tracking number. How does the driver make it say delivered if he can't scan it?

2. sailfish

sailfish Hakuna Matata

Probably manually entered the tracking number from the sort label or a paper manifest. They can also look at the tracking numbers for every package at a delivery address right on the board too. Punch in four digits and it will find the rest.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  3. rod

rod retired and happy

Drivers can make it say anything for a package. Hell they can even say a Next Day Air package was late because of weather conditions even if there hasn't been a cloud in the sky for a week.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. NTGhost

NTGhost Member

What i have to do on my DIAD to get this?

5. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

If you worked at UPS, you would know how but since you don't we can't tell you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. scooby0048

Bottom right screen findBar then enter the last four of the tracking #. It will give you a list to select from if there are multiple sequences with that number or just the one package.

7. Poop Head

Poop Head Troll

Destroy a battleship

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Brown Biscuit

Brown Biscuit Blind every day

Ours is the “Details” tab

9. scooby0048

@Brown Biscuit is right about the details tab. Once you get the details screen it will show you the tracking number. Then, you can enter the tracking into fndbar and it will pull it up.

10. Brown Biscuit

Brown Biscuit Blind every day

Only need last 4 of barcode. Occasionally there are multiples that will match in which case you can enter more digits.

11. NTGhost

NTGhost Member

hmm guess i need Orion for that...unfort i'm in Germany ^^ so no search for numbers for me. Because we haven't Orion yet.

12. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

Doesn't have to be last 4. Any 4 of the last 8 numbers in order will work to find bc. For instance, if the last 8 numbers are 1234 5678, you can enter 1234, 2345, 3456, etc.

13. sailfish

sailfish Hakuna Matata

Glad these other guys know 'cause I don't remember anymore.

Didn't need ORION though. Just had to have EDD downloaded.

14. Poop Head

Poop Head Troll

Orion is the worst. Enjoy rdo while you can

15. The smart barcode on the label contains all of the information

16. WTFm8

WTFm8 Active Member

Just enter last 4 of barcode. If multiples come up usually the 4 numbers are somewhere else in the label instead of last 4. Scroll up/down and select correct one.

17. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

Magic and voodoo

18. sailfish

sailfish Hakuna Matata

Yeah. Because the DIADs can totally scan that one. Smfh.

19. Ok Mr.Smart ass
    They can still scan it inside the building and it will print out a pal label

20. UPS_carnage11

UPS_carnage11 New Member

The tracking info is on the slap as well if it has one, the stamps however don't. And I don't know why because it'd be useful at times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.