How did you take your retirement payout?

That’s the magic number??
I was slightly incorrect
Screenshot_20230527-102406-587.png

It seems like it doesn’t really make sense unless you KNOW that you’ll make it to 80…but nobody has a crystal ball. I’d rather have the money available earlier to be able to tap into.
At least we are fortunate that we have a pension.
Most of America does not so they may have to wait a little longer to collect social security

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Have a separate ROTH just because I have more investment options

In 2025 our current lower tax rate will sunset.
I’ve had individual Roths in the past and have used them for kid college but I’d never think about robbing the main 401k’s. I’ve also have read about the back door roths but really don’t know much about them. Im just a slow and study kind of investor…just feel relay lucky that I have that pension to tie everything together… I don’t take that for granted..ever!

I’ve had individual Roths in the past and have used them for kid college but I’d never think about robbing the main 401k’s. I’ve also have read about the back door roths but really don’t know much about them. Im just a slow and study kind of investor…just feel relay lucky that I have that pension to tie everything together… I don’t take that for granted..ever!
A back door ROTH is for people that make over the limits for ROTH

Johney

I’ll have over a million (maybe 2) in our 401k by the time 62 rolls around. I haven’t put a ton of money in it per year…rarely maxed out but I have put in since it was available to us…it’s all about how early you start..and I have hammered this into my kids.
Joe Biden is going to make sure that doesn't happen.