How do drivers get paid? (FedEx Ground)

dHatch

I've never heard of twice a month pay. That steals 2 weeks pay from you.

4 weeks! Its 2 full paychecks less per year. He counted on his drivers being took dumb/naive to care, sketchy operation all around. Especially when his accountant had it down that pay periods were every two weeks, I was thinking maybe he was pocketing the difference .

northbound

All my drivers get 1 week vacation, 2 sick, all FedEx holidays, any day we don't run due to weather, all paid from day 1. Plus Xmas bonus depends on route and time with me. Better drivers get better pay and a few extras

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
All my drivers get 1 week vacation, 2 sick, all FedEx holidays, any day we don't run due to weather, all paid from day 1. Plus Xmas bonus depends on route and time with me. Better drivers get better pay and a few extras

Gee, you are wonderful. My bet is that overall, most Ground contractors run sketchy operations like those described by an increasing number of Ground drivers participating in this forum. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you a tractor-trailer contractor for Ground. You know, the upside-down, on the ground, on-fire, and in-the-ditch division? What do you pay your people per hour?

Epoisode7

This sounds very fair compared to what I have experienced. No benefits, no paid time off.... actually no time off at all. When we run in bad weather (flash floods mostly) its... "Call andHave the customer meet you on the paved part of the road". No joke. My christmas bonus was a 50 prepaid visa and a package of purple pens. Like a true Ground driver, I use the pens to pick my nose while driving. Sometimes I scratch my butt with them. I don't use the same pen though, that's unprofessional.

northbound

I run line haul and P&D both. Pay varies by route/years/etc. I actually pay top wages in the terminal other contractors get pissed and have to give raises when their crew finds out what my crew makes

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This sounds very fair compared to what I have experienced. No benefits, no paid time off.... actually no time off at all. When we run in bad weather (flash floods mostly) its... "Call andHave the customer meet you on the paved part of the road". No joke. My christmas bonus was a 50 prepaid visa and a package of purple pens. Like a true Ground driver, I use the pens to pick my nose while driving. Sometimes I scratch my butt with them. I don't use the same pen though, that's unprofessional.

If you were a true Ground driver you'd also be using the pens to tattoo yourself, although butt scratching and nose picking are also acceptable.

MaineGroundDriver

If you were a true Ground driver you'd also be using the pens to tattoo yourself, although butt scratching and nose picking are also acceptable.

And of course I'm in my 3rd year of driving a Ground route and yet I still have no tattoos, neither professional or homeade .. I must be in the wrong building?

MaineGroundDriver

Oh, and now that shorts weather is finally here in the "Great White North", I have just purchased another package of low cut black socks .. imagine it ..

bbsam

Staff member
Imagine my surprise 15 minutes ago when I pulled into Express and saw a young lady in Express uniform leaving with her tattooed arm hanging out the window. I thought that couldn't happen!

Epoisode7

I did tattoo myself. I got " 1 - 800 - G " tattoed on my left butt cheek. I got " - FedEx " tattooed onto the right side. When people ask for the number to file a complaint, I bend over.