How do out of state driver transfers work?

542thruNthru

I love being in the western region. We get transfers, funded pension, no snow and turkeys for Christmas.

Cost of living sucks though. ;)

MAKAVELI

Figuring that out right now. I think it goes as south as Fresno. But man, who the hell wants to be in Fresno?
I'd say that's a pretty large district and you have quite a few options there. Have you thought of transferring somewhere in the East Bay? less expensive and they're still some nice areas.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I'd say that's a pretty large district and you have quite a few options there. Have you thought of transferring somewhere in the East Bay? less expensive and they're still some nice areas.
You're right. Raising two little girls in SF is just unbearable. Got the word from my BA and no transferring out of the district. East bound and down I guess

barnyard

KTM rider
1 of my daughters lives in SE Washington, the other in north central Montana. My wife and I spent a month out there this summer with an eye toward finding a place to live after UPS. Pretty tough to find anything with flyover prices. CA, WA and OR are booming (in the cities) and anything within commuting distance is stupid expensive.

The Palouse or the Camas prairie are where I would really like to be.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
1 of my daughters lives in SE Washington, the other in north central Montana. My wife and I spent a month out there this summer with an eye toward finding a place to live after UPS. Pretty tough to find anything with flyover prices. CA, WA and OR are booming (in the cities) and anything within commuting distance is stupid expensive.

The Palouse or the Camas prairie are where I would really like to be.
After being a driver in so cal for over a decade I applied for a transfer to washington. I've been in Washington less than a year. We bought our home 3 months ago and it is already worth 100k more than we paid for it. We are about 45 minutes from Seattle and Bellevue and an hour away from redmond. 3 major cities. We live in a small town that just passed plans to build a massive amount of houses and some industrial. They are calling my little town the boom town. Prices expected to more than double in the next 5 years. Best move I've ever made.

barnyard

KTM rider
We would have a very hard time selling our house here and buying the same for 1/3 more that what we could sell our house for. We were looking on the opposite side of the state (my daughter is in Pullman.)

sandwich

The resident gearhead
We would have a very hard time selling our house here and buying the same for 1/3 more that what we could sell our house for. We were looking on the opposite side of the state (my daughter is in Pullman.)
There are still some really cheap areas in eastern Washington and Montana. Western washington is rapidly increasing in price and population. We left so cal because buying a real house, not townhouse was so far out of reach and not getting any better. Once we started having kids it was time to move. Washington seemed busy enough that i wouldn't get laid off and much cheaper than so cal. It was a shock moving here and seeing how fast housing prices were sky rocketing and continue to do so.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
There are still some really cheap areas in eastern Washington and Montana. Western washington is rapidly increasing in price and population. We left so cal because buying a real house, not townhouse was so far out of reach and not getting any better. Once we started having kids it was time to move. Washington seemed busy enough that i wouldn't get laid off and much cheaper than so cal. It was a shock moving here and seeing how fast housing prices were sky rocketing and continue to do so.
My B.A basically told me the reason why Nor-Cal District isn't considered Western Region is because our Union here is so strong.

UPS basically said we can't have the benefits of the entire western region because the strong union here is a huge pain in the ass for them. FML