How do out of state driver transfers work?

LongIslandNewbie

my mortgage for a 2br house on long island is $1600 a month so lol @ $2k for a 1br apartment. you guys act like thats the best deals available.. i guess if you want to live in an upscale building in an upscale neighborhood then dont complain about the upscale cost, because you can definitely find apartments for less than that wherever you are if you take it down a notch. even on expensive ass LI $2k will get you a 2br in a "luxury apartment" complex
How long ago did you buy your house? I cant touch a mortgage on long Island for that. My rent is 1850 for a 2 bedroom in a decent school district.

opey

How long ago did you buy your house? I cant touch a mortgage on long Island for that. My rent is 1850 for a 2 bedroom in a decent school district.
2009.. house was a little more than 200k. now i understand that finding a decent house in a "nice" town for that price is pretty tough (and these days inventory is low and prices are rising again).. but id rather own in a less desirable location (im not in the hood, although not far lol also equally not far from everything being $500k+) rather than pay the same or more to rent in a better location. the tax deduction alone makes owning completely worth it

Slow walker

I hope you guys make a lot more $ than we do in the south. $2000 a month could buy you a 5 bedroom house in the best neighborhoods. We have a couple of guys that have transferred from other centers but they had to start over on the docks

ManInBrown

If I was still in progression, I would quit and start over tomorrow somewhere else. Just can't do it now. Makes no sense. Four years to full rate as of now, who knows how long in next contract. Two tier? No way

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I hope you guys make a lot more $ than we do in the south. $2000 a month could buy you a 5 bedroom house in the best neighborhoods. We have a couple of guys that have transferred from other centers but they had to start over on the docks
Same pay I think...35.59 is top scale here

Fragile

my mortgage for a 2br house on long island is $1600 a month so lol @ $2k for a 1br apartment. you guys act like thats the best deals available.. i guess if you want to live in an upscale building in an upscale neighborhood then dont complain about the upscale cost, because you can definitely find apartments for less than that wherever you are if you take it down a notch. even on expensive ass LI $2k will get you a 2br in a "luxury apartment" complex

Yeah where in LI?

What are your taxes like? I see in Nassau County towns like Franklin Square or Rockville Centre a house for 400k with 12k a year in property tax. It's a joke. Throw in the cost of your commute and the time you spend doing it

opey

Yeah where in LI?

What are your taxes like? I see in Nassau County towns like Franklin Square or Rockville Centre a house for 400k with 12k a year in property tax. It's a joke. Throw in the cost of your commute and the time you spend doing it
im in suffolk.. yea nassau is a joke, although some places in suffolk are just as bad. my taxes are 5500 with the star discount, and my commute is 20 mins. now my house is small and not in the best area (but not the worst either), but i still own it, and for equal or less than it would cost to rent an apartment. plus i get to write off $12k+ a year in deductions (property taxes and mortgage interest) that you dont get when renting

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I'm not exaggerating when I say people on Craigslist will charge you more than that per month to sleep on their couch...it's sickening...miss Alabama
hey man, I drive out of the SF building and am in the same boat. Going through a divorce and just want to be done with this :censored2:hole of a city. Have you had any progress on the transfer thing. I heard since we're considered "Nor-Cal" we are not in the western region. Thus can only transfer within the district. Can you confirm that? I want to transfer to either San Diego or somewhere rural like Montana or Colorado

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
hey man, I drive out of the SF building and am in the same boat. Going through a divorce and just want to be done with this :censored2:hole of a city. Have you had any progress on the transfer thing. I heard since we're considered "Nor-Cal" we are not in the western region. Thus can only transfer within the district. Can you confirm that? I want to transfer to either San Diego or somewhere rural like Montana or Colorado
Yea it's only within the district...few people here have said the only way out of state will work is a hardship transfer...I've put in for three different ones but the wait times are all different

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
how much time do you have in? if very little, your best bet would be to quit on good terms to reapply in the state/area of your choice. some hubs are screaming for drivers. you'll have to do your homework on that.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
how much time do you have in? if very little, your best bet would be to quit on good terms to reapply in the state/area of your choice. some hubs are screaming for drivers. you'll have to do your homework on that.
a couple months away from hitting top rate. There is no way I am going to start progression all the way from the start again. I dont care about building seniority. This city is pushing working class out and I honestly cant stand it here. Thanks for the reply

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
a couple months away from hitting top rate. There is no way I am going to start progression all the way from the start again. I dont care about building seniority. This city is pushing working class out and I honestly cant stand it here. Thanks for the reply
like i said , some states are screaming for drivers. you will move up fast, plus the cost of living in states like OR, ID, TX and others are probably less than half of SF.

good luck.

unwatching this thread.

MAKAVELI

How big is your district?