How do out of state driver transfers work?

Fragile

I'm in NYC. The Bay, San Fran, Hoboken NJ, it's a disaster to live in any of these cities.

I'd bail the first opportunity I would get. I looked at Austin, TX. I'm a big city guy and that area has a lot of appeal to me where if I relocated I could fit in and adapt.

Indecisi0n

So I'm going to assume you live in San Fran? Because that's the only place more expensive than Jersey. And you guys actually get something for your money. Nice weather year round and a beautiful place to live. I get nothing but cold winters and corrupt politicians.
My friends say there are a lot of fun boys in San Fran?

Last edited:

opey

my mortgage for a 2br house on long island is $1600 a month so lol @ $2k for a 1br apartment. you guys act like thats the best deals available.. i guess if you want to live in an upscale building in an upscale neighborhood then dont complain about the upscale cost, because you can definitely find apartments for less than that wherever you are if you take it down a notch. even on expensive ass LI $2k will get you a 2br in a "luxury apartment" complex

BrownThunder

Dookie... Bro....

Im going to take some pictures today of what thes homes look like. They are mini mansions. The schools are enormous and theyre still building more. There are restaurants and stores still being constructed. This area is absolutely booming!

If I quit there goes my progression too I would assume. That would be a shame but im only 2 steps in on my progression and my Dad wouldnt hesitate to let us live with him.

California is over priced and overhyped. Texas seems like a great place to raise kids. The wife and I agreed one child made the most financial sense but man out here with the cost of living I would be down to try for a son.

Oh and LORD dont get me started on the firearms laws, or lack there of.

BrownThunder

I'm not exaggerating when I say people on Craigslist will charge you more than that per month to sleep on their couch...it's sickening...miss Alabama

Hell yeah room for rents are creeping up into $1000/mo territory. These guys dont care they are focused on cutting their costs.

Youre in the peninsula so you guys get the worst of it. Were in the east bay and felt the most prudent choice for us was to buy a brand new manufactured home for 215k.

Its beautiful and we love it, and its 1/3 of what these houses in the area go for. Only problem now is I see what even 215k can buy you out here.

Im talking about breathtaking dream homes that are easily 2 million dollars in areas like fremont and the hayward hills

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Hell yeah room for rents are creeping up into $1000/mo territory. These guys dont care they are focused on cutting their costs.

Youre in the peninsula so you guys get the worst of it. Were in the east bay and felt the most prudent choice for us was to buy a brand new manufactured home for 215k.

Its beautiful and we love it, and its 1/3 of what these houses in the area go for. Only problem now is I see what even 215k can buy you out here.

Im talking about breathtaking dream homes that are easily 2 million dollars in areas like fremont and the hayward hills
I've put in transfers for up north in the mountains .... Way cheaper… Just could take years to actually go through

opey

best idea (and what im considering) is to try to bank up as much as you can (shouldnt be too hard at top rate if your expenses arent too crazy) and just take that and go down south. if you can save up 50-100k for a down payment, you dont even have to work at UPS killing yourself to live decently when you have a $100k mortgage and $2000/yr property tax

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Brown Thunder.

Hardship transfer if they still do that. You would have to prove a hardship like taking care of a sick relative. That is how I transferred out of state but that was almost 25 years ago. Plus it could take you a couple years. If they still do that.

With only 2 years to lose , I would quit under good terms and reapply in Texas. It would not take long to be way ahead of the game in a very short time.

Doing it for the future of your family is a good thing.

good luck.

35years

Gravy route
I feel for you guys.
I have a 5 bedroom 3 bath 2800 Sq ft home in an upscale suburb with top notch schools. Current value is $300,000. For $500,000 it would have to have lakeshore.

The Midwest is not trendy but is a great place to raise a family.

35years

Gravy route
On those house hunter type shows on HGTV I am amazed at the price of homes in other areas. They actually profiled a couple looking for a house on my former route. The comment was made how much bang for the buck you get. You really can have a mini-mansion for $500k.

The guys who really have it made are the small town drivers in my state. You can snatch up a large home for 120 to 200k and have lots of extra cash for toys and a cabin.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So I'm going to assume you live in San Fran? Because that's the only place more expensive than Jersey. And you guys actually get something for your money. Nice weather year round and a beautiful place to live. I get nothing but cold winters and corrupt politicians.
We do have good pizza and bagels.

BrownThunder

I suppose as you get older your priorities switch. Right now we need a good school district and safe inexpensive housing.

Long story short my step mother is Friends with someone who can give me a blueprint to follow with transferring.

She is supposed to be coming over for dinner this Thursday, we will see what she says. I overheard her saying they are about to build a new hub in Cypress, TX which is the town my Father lives in.

Even my brother and his Fiance are down to come, ill keep the thread updated to benefit the next guy/gal in a similar situation.