How do the Paid Sick Time hours work?

Frankie11

I currently have around 30 hrs in Paid Sick Time and I’m wondering what happens if I use it One day. How many hours would be deducted from that one day? I’m looking forward to your responses!

Frankie11

Thank you for the reply that is actually informative. My understanding is that I need to let my supervisor and shop steward know the day before that I am using my Paid Sick Time benefit. How do I professionally tell them in person that I will be using it? Im looking forward to your response!

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Thank you for the reply that is actually informative. My understanding is that I need to let my supervisor and shop steward know the day before that I am using my Paid Sick Time benefit. How do I professionally tell them in person that I will be using it? Im looking forward to your response!
I like your style. Unfortunately you cannot tell them the day before that you are going to be sick the next day. They want 2 hours notice before your start time and you should get 4 hours paid for it. At least where I’m from.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Pick up the phone on the day you want off, in your best professional voice say I’m not coming in today, sick. Easy.

Pick up the phone on the day you want off, in your best professional voice say I’m not coming in today, sick. Easy.
V526T6UMjXx0A.gif

Frankie11

Thank you for the responses! Is it true that the Paid Sick Hours that we accrue throughout the year reset to zero at the end of the year?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Thank you for the responses! Is it true that the Paid Sick Hours that we accrue throughout the year reset to zero at the end of the year?
Where I’m at, they will cash out your unused time the second week in December. Even then, you are still entitled to take that time off. They will do their best to convince you that isn’t true though.

Where I’m at, they will cash out your unused time the second week in December. Even then, you are still entitled to take that time off. They will do their best to convince you that isn’t true though.
We get to roll our sick time over.
But if we don't use our option days we get paid for them