How do the Paid Sick Time hours work?

Frank888

Thank you for the replies that are actually informative. Does anyone know where in my local supplement I could find information on Paid Sick Time or should I communicate with my Steward or Business Agent?

ManInBrown

I was told we can’t use it, because UPS gives us paid sick time. But it’s the law that it still must be listed on our paychecks. It’s for people who have jobs with no sick time. Anyone know if I got bad info?

BeachBoy

I was told we can’t use it, because UPS gives us paid sick time. But it’s the law that it still must be listed on our paychecks. It’s for people who have jobs with no sick time. Anyone know if I got bad info?
The law says it is yours to use, provided it falls within the established "sick reasons". You don't have to say your illness. Simply call in, say "this is your name here, I can't come in to work today, health issues. Please code me a sick day."
They may not like it, I had a FT supe write up people today for calling in sick and I followed along and advised all of them to refuse to sign and told them by law that they had to honor the request for the paid sick time, provided they had the hours in their bank.. Longer than 3 days they can require a Drs note.