How do you become a driver?

Zowert

At your age it will be tough. Try getting a CDL and even if it’s not with UPS, there are tons of fairly lucrative commercial driving careers out there.

Delivery driving for UPS is physical, fast paced and stressful. I’m not saying you wouldn’t be able to do it. It’s just not worth getting into at a later age, at least in my opinion. I’m only 33 and I wake up sore every morning.

Poop Head

Judge me.
they moved me to the carts because I move quick. It’s starting to annoy the hell out of me, it’s a battle keeping good rolling carts on my frogs! I work two, not really fair because I know for a fact the other sorts use 2 people.
What the heck are you talking about?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I work in small sort running carts. I started as a bagger about 2 years ago, they moved me to the carts because I move quick. It’s starting to annoy the hell out of me, it’s a battle keeping good rolling carts on my frogs! I work two, not really fair because I know for a fact the other sorts use 2 people. Besides that I’m bored to death, same bull:censored2: every day. I’m older and unfortunately I can’t retire yet. I’m still working in the printing industry but that’s about over. I worked as an offset press operator for 37 years. I know driving can be challenging but maybe that’s what I need. I’m a 57 year old woman in excellent physical shape from running and swimming. Not super strong but I can lift 60lbs or so off the ground. What’s the first thing I need to do to because a driver?

57 year old woman you can’t be serious

UPSER1987

Actually anyone can become a driver now. You got a pulse? You’re hired. Just ask for help like these turds do. You can do it.

RolloTony Brown Town

I work in small sort running carts. I started as a bagger about 2 years ago, they moved me to the carts because I move quick. It’s starting to annoy the hell out of me, it’s a battle keeping good rolling carts on my frogs! I work two, not really fair because I know for a fact the other sorts use 2 people. Besides that I’m bored to death, same bull:censored2: every day. I’m older and unfortunately I can’t retire yet. I’m still working in the printing industry but that’s about over. I worked as an offset press operator for 37 years. I know driving can be challenging but maybe that’s what I need. I’m a 57 year old woman in excellent physical shape from running and swimming. Not super strong but I can lift 60lbs or so off the ground. What’s the first thing I need to do to because a driver?

Talk to a center manager and express an interest. Introduce yourself. For that matter tell everyone you want to be a driver. If you work on a hub sort then you need to find the center manager and on road offices to let them know.

Sign up for any driving interest/opportunities available: TCD (depending on your location, and pt air driver).