How do you deal with other employees talking :censored: to you about your work?

takesteady

The other day someone placed a 120+ pound irreg on the belt which came hurtling down the charge towards me at high speeds. I dodged it and let it and fall on the grating and since it was too massive to fit down the bottom slide, I pseudo deadlifted it down the stairs into the irreg area.

This irreverent old black woman who is known in the hub for ‘taking no ****’ then exclaims ‘ Them :censored2:s are expensive don’t throw them like that!’ . I felt like saying ‘ well you try to lift it then!’ but kind of just shook my head and walked away. How do you handle being criticized by other employees?

floridays

Old woman, regardless of color, how did your parents teach you to treat females and the elderly.

I bet when your with your buddies you are a tuff guy, you don't sound so rugged here. You get, got paid to do your job, it looks like you will be the same "old woman" someday.

a whole 120#, that's all it takes to expose you?

takesteady

Old woman, regardless of color, how did your parents teach you to treat females and the elderly.

I bet when your with your buddies you are a tuff guy, you don't sound so rugged here. You get, got paid to do your job, it looks like you will be the same "old woman" someday.

a whole 120#, that's all it takes to expose you?
I don’t think I was super rude to her. She’s not my supervisor and I don’t owe her an explanation.

>a whole 120#, that's all it takes to expose you?

Not to brag, but I go the gym regularly and deadlift and can DL 405 for a couple reps, and lifting an awkward 120 + furniture set is not easy.

floridays

I don’t think I was super rude to her. She’s not my supervisor and I don’t owe her an explanation.

>a whole 120#, that's all it takes to expose you?

Not to brag, but I go the gym regularly and deadlift and can DL 405 for a couple reps, and lifting an awkward 120 + furniture set is not easy.
All that is understood, I never remember working next to a guy that whined like a baby about what an "old woman" said to him.
That said, when I was younger doing that type of stuff older women were not working alongside me.

I guess the best I have to offer is get used to it but be polite.

takesteady

All that is understood, I never remember working next to a guy that whined like a baby about what an "old woman" said to him.
That said, when I was younger doing that type of stuff older women were not working alongside me.

I guess the best I have to offer is get used to it but be polite.

I mean, I mostly thought it was funny. The thought of a 5 foot woman telling me to place a massive irreg down gently. But alright cya gramps 😎

floridays

I mean, I mostly thought it was funny. The thought of a 5 foot woman telling me to place a massive irreg down gently. But alright cya gramps 😎
Don't make me call
bsbullf.gif
on your "mostly funny" claim, if it was you wouldn't be here whining, maybe it is a pigment based complaint, you did feel the need to mention color. Kids that got participation awards, SMH.

takesteady

Don't make me call View attachment 329759 on your "mostly funny" claim, if it was you wouldn't be here whining, maybe it is a pigment based complaint, you did feel the need to mention color. Kids that got participation awards, SMH.
It’s not. In fact I’m one of the only white people in my entire building.

>Kids that got participation awards,

Now who’s whining. The real participation award is being a boomer. Resting on the laurels of the Greatest generation and :censored2:ing up the economy for the rest of us. Maybe you didn’t get a plastic trophy, but you guys had it easy as *** lol.

floridays

It’s not. In fact I’m one of the only white people in my entire building.

>Kids that got participation awards,

Now who’s whining. The real participation award is being a boomer. Resting on the laurels of the Greatest generation and *ing up the economy for the rest of us. Maybe you didn’t get a plastic trophy, but you guys had it easy as *** lol.
You get set off easily. You're in for an interesting life.

floridays

As long as I’m not whinging on the Internet about ‘participation trophies’ when I’m your age I’m good! 👍
You got me there buddy, go let the little old woman beat you down, she does a much better job than I could ever do.

I'm not sure I whined, but I'll leave that to your lack of reading comprehension.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I know the furniture is expensive and take great joy in safely letting one in a boxline bin fall 4 feet onto the ground and flip over right into the metal heel of the package car.
If somebody above you can't follow simple handling instructions then I would not worry about it and take your sweet time handling tape/potential damage afterwords. The sups can get their unloaders to stop doing it whenever they want.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It is, but bitching about "old black women" isn't.
Save a back, is always a good thing.
If he got someone to help him they could have handled that irreg a lot easier and set it down gently so as not to anger the old woman who was absolutely correct to say something btw. If everyone followed the safety rules we would have fewer injuries and fewer damages.
Might take just a little longer to get things done but that's how it goes.

quad decade guy

I asked a shifter to help me untangle two dollies that were shoved tightly together. He refused. Citing...."I ain't messing my back up...".

Fair enough.

Now, I'm not sure about sons and politeness and being older(he was) and skin color(his was a lot darker than mine). I just wanted some help. Matter of fact, he was the first shifter I waived down, he just happened to be who he was....the rest is just what happened.

BTW, I wasn't there but 120# irreg ANYWHERE is a seriously potential injury....especially on a belt or at height. The thread is so difficult to read and off the rails that it's a little hard to know exactly what happened. This happens a lot on BC.