How do you know if you are a Package Car Driver?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
if your body is wracked with pain, if you dream about stupid OJS msgs, like folding in your mirror at every stop, and how to be safe, and how its a choice. If you need to eat tums on the way to work, If you need a tow truck to get to your front door, when you get home, if your knees and ankles, and hips suddenly dont work correctly after you have sat for 10 minutes, If you walk up to a friends house and yell UPS at the front door, or toot when you pull up, you are a ups driver.
I friend you extend your handshake and instead say sign here, if you do your errands according to loop, and dont like to turn left, you are a UPS driver.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
if you dream about stupid OJS msgs, like folding in your mirror at every stop, and how to be safe, and how its a choice

i cannot stand being told to send those messages out to the drivers

that kind of bull**** should be done before leaving the barn (if at all)

my personal favorite is the 'sauve qui peut' OJS message: "all drivers return to building immediately and sheet all remaining packages as missed (or emergency conditions)"

If you've been fired and all your friends have been fired and you still work here.
If you know that the best bottle to pee in is a Gatorade bottle.
If you know the terminology (code words) like drop your load( sick) dump your load (his a curb or bump).

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
You know when your a pkg car driver 1 when you yelll beep beep when backing up the lawn tractor!!
2 you prime and paint in order to recoat a dry wall in 1/2 hour
3 you shovel drive way every half hour to reduce the weight of snow
4 you speed walk 100 yards away from family at Disney so you can see it all in 1 hour
5 yelll at wife that she didn't clear the intersection
6 you get nervous in car with anybody except your UPS buddies
7 tell your wife while your asleep you cant talk you got stops left
8 You wear brown pants while working on yard or house on weekends
9 you get nervous standing still
10 you tell daughters boyfriend she better make it home by 9.5 untouched or he will be terminated !!!

ups1990

Your are a package car driver when women hit on you all day. Young ladies and middle age women those married and single love to see you. Now keep in mind, I believe this happens to many men at UPS not just me.

After a grueling day of this madness, I come home to a beautiful wife.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Uncle. I will never, ever, report an injury again. If my head is hanging from my shoulders by a thread I will just do my best til it falls off. That's rat with a capital L.

P

pickup

You know you are a package car driver if

1) you shoot non drivers dirty looks if they start backing up without tooting the horn twice.

2) even on off time, when in presence of other delivery drivers , you watch their technique and evaluate.

3) you always hold the door open for any worker using a hand truck cos you know how much it helps.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You know you are a package car driver when every drawer in your house has a collection of brown UPS pens and used-up pads of delivery notices inside.

old levi's

blank space
You know when your a pkg car driver 1 when you yelll beep beep when backing up the lawn tractor!!
2 you prime and paint in order to recoat a dry wall in 1/2 hour
3 you shovel drive way every half hour to reduce the weight of snow
4 you speed walk 100 yards away from family at Disney so you can see it all in 1 hour
5 yelll at wife that she didn't clear the intersection
6 you get nervous in car with anybody except your UPS buddies
7 tell your wife while your asleep you cant talk you got stops left
8 You wear brown pants while working on yard or house on weekends
9 you get nervous standing still
10 you tell daughters boyfriend she better make it home by 9.5 untouched or he will be terminated !!!

#8 is a dead giveaway. LOL