How do you sheet up "dog"

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
After my dog was mauled by my neighbors pitbulls in my yard (I was taking her for a walk on leash at the time), I told the sherriff that responded, if I see the dogs in my yard again, I'd kill them. He told me "I'd rather deal with dead pitbulls than a dead you. Do what you have to do to keep you and your dog safe."

I absolutely agree. I love Pits. They are good dogs, for the most part. But like people, there are bad ones.

How do you sheet up "dog"

I have had to call or write on the info notice about returning the next day due to the dog. It usually works but sometimes the customer just doesn't get it. The dog protects it's property I get that but getting a UPS package give us the right to go on such property. N1 remark DOG to be safe and not get mauled.

AKCoverMan

I feel certain that most dogs have an inner doggie sense that tells them that I am a dog lover and not really a threat.. most dogs I meet seem to feel certain that I have stopped by simply to visit them and give them snacks. The fact that I have a package for the dog's people is simply a happy coincidence!

A smaller number of dogs come running out to bark sternly at me but will skitter away as soon as I take a step toward them. I keep an eye on them but they are never a problem.

Rarely I will come up on the dog who is pretty darn serious about his job and no foolin around about it. I lay on the horn and will even (if there is a number on the package) call the cnee to try to deliver the package. If no luck then yes NI1 (DOG).

Once I was walking up the path between some parked cars to the entrance of a mobile home.. when the door opened and a child inside let out the family meat-eater dog. This dog had it goin on.. full run, vicious combination growl and bark, practically foaming at the mouth. I knew I was toast if I turned. I am 6ft 4 about 220 lbs so I stood tall, raised my diad over my head as if to strike (and thought I may have to) and began yelling at this dog in my most over the top pissed off ranting voice "YOU GET BACK IN THAT HOUSE RIGHT NOW WHAT IN HE77 ARE YOU DOING YOU GET BACK!!!" I had been having a crappy day and just focused all my anger at this poor charging beast. By God if that didn't do the trick.. dog turned on a dime and ran back the way he came, still barking his head off.

Owner came out very apologetic... child was not supposed to open the door.. but said she was very impressed as nobody had ever gotten her dog to back down. :)

teebone

If I ever feel threatened leaving the truck with a dog near by I try to attract the homeowner's attention by continuously honking the horn. If unsuccessful we have been told to sheet as NI and write dog in yard on pkg. The clerks are supposed to try to contact the customer as to why pkg was not delivered.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I feel certain that most dogs have an inner doggie sense that tells them that I am a dog lover and not really a threat.. most dogs I meet seem to feel certain that I have stopped by simply to visit them and give them snacks. The fact that I have a package for the dog's people is simply a happy coincidence!

A smaller number of dogs come running out to bark sternly at me but will skitter away as soon as I take a step toward them. I keep an eye on them but they are never a problem.

Rarely I will come up on the dog who is pretty darn serious about his job and no foolin around about it. I lay on the horn and will even (if there is a number on the package) call the cnee to try to deliver the package. If no luck then yes NI1 (DOG).

Once I was walking up the path between some parked cars to the entrance of a mobile home.. when the door opened and a child inside let out the family meat-eater dog. This dog had it goin on.. full run, vicious combination growl and bark, practically foaming at the mouth. I knew I was toast if I turned. I am 6ft 4 about 220 lbs so I stood tall, raised my diad over my head as if to strike (and thought I may have to) and began yelling at this dog in my most over the top pissed off ranting voice "YOU GET BACK IN THAT HOUSE RIGHT NOW WHAT IN HE77 ARE YOU DOING YOU GET BACK!!!" I had been having a crappy day and just focused all my anger at this poor charging beast. By God if that didn't do the trick.. dog turned on a dime and ran back the way he came, still barking his head off.

Owner came out very apologetic... child was not supposed to open the door.. but said she was very impressed as nobody had ever gotten her dog to back down. :)

I've yelled at a few dogs like that. It seems to work very well. The deeper the voice the more the threat. If you buffalo them in to thinking that you are a bigger threat than they are they will back down.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I've yelled at a few dogs like that. It seems to work very well. The deeper the voice the more the threat. If you buffalo them in to thinking that you are a bigger threat than they are they will back down.
My Lauren Bacall style voice works very well.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I guess all these things may work. I dunno, the dogs I have are trained to listen, and not attack people. If you have a dog why dont you take the time to train it? if you are too stupid to train a dog, then the dog is smarter than you. Ive told many a people that, and I get the friend- u attitude. Common sense, it is a dog, you are the boss. Protect you yes, when necessary. Someone bringing you mail , a pkg, or a pizza are not predators. My day has been riddled with these now that it is warm out. It sucks. The human element, is so degraded, I dont know how some of these people survive.

AKCoverMan

I don't think you can buffalo a moose into thinking you are a bigger threat. :rofl:

Buffalo a moose.. I like that.

It's one thing when you see the moose from the PC.. NI1 (Moose) and off we go.. but it's a little unnerving to get to a remote resi in the dark.. get to the front door and DR the package then realize there is a moose in the shadows of the trees you need to walk past to get back to the PC. Good times..

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Buffalo a moose.. I like that.

It's one thing when you see the moose from the PC.. NI1 (Moose) and off we go.. but it's a little unnerving to get to a remote resi in the dark.. get to the front door and DR the package then realize there is a moose in the shadows of the trees you need to walk past to get back to the PC. Good times..
OMG, how exciting!!!!