How do you sneak your phone into hub?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Security sticker on the back of our phones. If you are wearing browns, they don’t even check. We are UPS royalty.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Since I actually wore my belt around my waste. I place my phone behind my belt buckle. Then I got a smart watch I could leave my phone at home

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Never have owned a cell phone. My life goes quite smooth without one. The last three years I delivered management got tired of not being able to get hold of me without being at the center to send me a message so they gave me a center cell phone and asked me if I would carry it. Since I delivered in the boonies, reception was sketchy at best. I answered it only if I felt like it. Never understood why people use their personal cell to take care of UPS business. Had so many of my customers always asking for my cell number. Was nice telling them I didn’t own one.

Bring it in with you. If you see others in the hub that supposedly should not have them then you're okay. Follow the check out procedures when you leave. My hub is pretty relaxed about it and lets it go. Keep in mind management could suddenly decide to enforce the rule.

ihateloading

This is how I did it once because I forgot I had my phone in my pocket:

Put my phone in one of the smaller pockets in my back pack

Sat it (back pack) on the table before walking through the metal detector

Once I picked my bag up I slid my phone into my pocket while walking to the little scanner that you have to put your bags through (idk what the :censored2: is called but it’s the :censored2: they have at airports lol)

Leaving work I made sure I left early enough so that there would be a line at the metal detectors and repeated the steps in reverse.

Just get a phone pass. You don’t need to sneak the phone in

PCLoadPackage

Why do you need a cell phone while working a sort?

Just last week, we sent a text message to the sort supervisor. We had a question about moving a stop to another route, but hadn't seen a PT Sup in a couple hours. Just about every person in the building has their phone on them.

Does anyone else work in a center with absolutely no security? We don't have badges, or security personnel, or a guard shack, or metal detectors, or x-ray machines, or even a fence around the parking lot. Any time the weather is warm, EVERY bay door is open. Anyone can bring anything in or out. I don't know exactly how we compare in size to other centers. We run ~100 routes/day. I feel like that's big enough that we should have *some* kind of security.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Just last week, we sent a text message to the sort supervisor. We had a question about moving a stop to another route, but hadn't seen a PT Sup in a couple hours. Just about every person in the building has their phone on them.

Does anyone else work in a center with absolutely no security? We don't have badges, or security personnel, or a guard shack, or metal detectors, or x-ray machines, or even a fence around the parking lot. Any time the weather is warm, EVERY bay door is open. Anyone can bring anything in or out. I don't know exactly how we compare in size to other centers. We run ~100 routes/day. I feel like that's big enough that we should have *some* kind of security.

It's always fun when someone gets fired at my center, because the door combination changes.

They'd never think to walk through the dozens of open bay doors if they came back with a grudge.

Our loss prevention/security guy is shared between like 3 other centers. He looks like a feeder driver.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
My
Any mechanics in here from a facility where phones are not allowed in? Curious what those guys would do for road calls, road tests etc ..

Hell I use mine all the time for wiring diagrams and other work related stuff
My job would be massively more difficult without one.

rocket man

For the amount of benefits in money you make why would you want to be dishonest !bringing a cell phone and if they don't want you to. That would be a pretty stupid way of getting out of the company.I use my cell phone to listen to Pandora during the day. I don't check Facebook I don't check anything except if I get a phone call it goes to voicemail I'm checking with the end of the day unless I have a chance of looking at the number that called otherwise I could care less.

D

Deleted member 77202

I’ve seen people with phones that are hourly’s and I wonder how they sneak their phone in and I want to know how to sneak my phone in without property pass?

Huh?

Since when aren't phones allowed to be brought into work?

Everyday, a teenaged employee in my building texts and scrolls through their cell phone in full view of the Supervisor, and he says nothing about it.

That's not even the worst part.
This cell-phone-using employee has, on average, anywhere from 15 to 20 mis-slaps per shift. (Obviously it's because they are looking at their cell phone while scanning.)

Everyone who loads package cars - and pretty much every other employee too -- constantly complains about this person, however, the Supervisor does absolutely nothing about it because the bad employee is one of his favorites.

clean hairy

Easiest way to sneak in your cell phone!
"Scotty, beam my cell phone to me!"
"Aye, sir! The transporter is down for maintainance. It will be back up in 5 minutes!"