how does call in work

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
“I’m calling out, I won’t be in today.”

Do some people say “I’m calling in because I won’t be out today?”

Being a Masshole, I say out but I have also used both terms. Don't know if I got that from being out here Goat rape ville or not, but now I say both. Stupid me.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

Here we say “calling in” cause you have to literally call in to say you’re not working.. next time I’ll use the term “calling out” when taking to sup over phone.. probably will get a random drug test the following week. Lol

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Dinosaur.

If you don't know how an answering machine works, it's generally a clue that you came of age long after they were obsolete.

Not understanding your ancient ways doesn't make them dumb.

It makes you old.
Voicemail is still very much in use. Every cellphone number has one and it functions exactly like an answering machine. OP is a dunce. Get over it.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I call in to call off.

Call Off.jpg

Call In.jpg

Last edited:

wilberforce15

Voicemail is still very much in use. Every cellphone number has one and it functions exactly like an answering machine. OP is a dunce. Get over it.

I know a dozen people who don't have voicemail, including myself. They never even set it up, because it has no role. And it wouldn't even be intuitive or obvious how to do so.

It's less efficient, less reliable, more time consuming, and rude to the recipient that you demand to monopolize their time so you can stutter an awkward message that could be read in seconds.

It is completely reasonable that a 19 year old might not know how to use something that belongs a few generations back.

Dinosaur.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I know a dozen people who don't have voicemail, including myself. They never even set it up, because it has no role. And it wouldn't even be intuitive or obvious how to do so.

It's less efficient, less reliable, more time consuming, and rude to the recipient that you demand to monopolize their time so you can stutter an awkward message that could be read in seconds.

It is completely reasonable that a 19 year old might not know how to use something that belongs a few generations back.

Dinosaur.

You’re right, I guess I gave your generation too much credit when I assumed you had any sort of damn brain to figure out something as simple as leaving a voice message. Strange that you picked this topic as your personal war. Do us all a favor and never reproduce. Peace, idiot.

wilberforce15

You’re right, I guess I gave your generation too much credit when I assumed you had any sort of damn brain to figure out something as simple as leaving a voice message. Strange that you picked this topic as your personal war. Do us all a favor and never reproduce. Peace, idiot.

I've got half a dozen kids and counting, and my kids all know old school orienteering, bushcraft, hunting, and a bunch of old school skills.

But even I know voicemail is stupid and obsolete, and I'm glad it's gone. Ain't nothin wrong with this kid.

Superteeth2478

That's possible at my hub, there are people who show up so rarely that the default expectation is that they won't show up, so they call-in to tell their supervisor they'll be showing up so that they don't surprise them when they do!