How does Healthcare work

wilberforce15

If you can follow thoughts, that $25K was what they would be making NOW, not in the past.

TTKU
You're the one who is not tracking. I'll let you reread things.

Piedmont, the only part timers making 27k are those who have been here forever. Most are lucky to get 1000 hours at 12/hr.

By The Book

Ahhh, BrownCafe, where people making $90k berate people making $10k for being freeloaders and scabs. People who started with a decent wage, fast benefits, and fast development to full-time, and quick progression to top pay, now throw stones at those who don't. Yeah, clearly the guy working three jobs with no opportunity for full-time work is the problem when he doesn't want to pay $250 per year, or skip his third job to attend a union meeting a hundred miles from his house, from which he will receive no benefit.

If you are an experienced full-timer, you were never paid as little, or waited as long for benefits, as this new guy. Instead of explaining to him the benefits of the union and drawing him in to be an invested brother, securing the future of the Teamsters, you decide to teach him that being in the union means screwing the guy below you, forgetting the guy above you, and generally being a pissy, entitled buffoon who just loves to haze people.
I do know that if you aren't a dues paying member, you will not be able to vote on these issues you mention. I think if more part timers voted they may have an impact on new contract language. Me personally, I don't throw stones at the new guys because I know my situation was much more favorable with healthcare and the time it took to get to top scale. I just try and educate the members about the contract and stress how important their involvement is in the union. Every member should vote, and if you don't vote stop complaining about what you don't like in your contract.

By The Book

To wilberforce and face planted, I guess the drivers back then could have voted no on raising drivers pay?, so they could have made sure part time pay was equal. The drivers could have also helped out and kept the progression short. Using this logic drivers today could make maybe $25.00 an hour and the same for part timers. Fast forward to today and a new drivers top pay is 25.00 an hour, you want that? I've not heard many complaints from new drivers when they get to top scale, have you? Part time jobs lead to full time jobs, that's a good thing!