How does the 9-5 list work?

By The Book

Your local sucks then.

There is no wording in the national saying 9.5 is route specific. I'm a cover driver and I'm covered on any route they put me on.
One thing you'll learn about me is I'll agree when someone's right. You are correct our Union is weak in this area because they want to make sure all the steps are followed. These steps are asking for overtime relief with a steward and document. Then in 2 weeks of its not corrected we file the grievance and are on the list the next week. The national doesn't say you have to qualify on every route your on if your under 4 years, I totally agree. This is why I'm not in agreement with our local and how hard they'll fight for us on this issue. Sure post is another issue they seem to avoid like the plague.Our local is managed well though with regards to healthcare and pension.

guyinthebrownbox

Stop being scared to be "on the radar" for something that UPS and the union have agreed upon in the contract.

Do the job to the methods, file when they screw up. Like mentioned already, being scared to be "on the radar" is not making the union stronger

BrownClown69

speaking about filing what about Orion just wondering if someone has filed on it in any of your centers
I've been on list since may, with orion. Nothing much changes, just dispatched a couple good days a week. If u give an eta over 9.5 for the 3rd day they will quickly send u r pickups to another driver.

throwbackk

I just want to be clear on this. Say next week I'm covering a route all week. I go over 9.5 first 3 days I can file. So then what the next 2 I need to be dispatched under? And then I'll be on the list. But only for that route I covered. I'm 3 years in. Central states
710? Because you can file even if you are fresh out your 30 days. 710 only local that has balls btw

In2Deep?

Have been filing regularly in a center that has a large percentage of drivers on the 9.5 list. Today we received the PCM saying if you're on the list and endanger of going over 9.5 to call in and help will be sent. It took months to wear them down but for the first time it feels like the 9.5 grievance is actually working.

It's unfortunate for the new guys that can't file, but ive done my time and can't worry about them. I'd suggest they file 8 hour requests as frequently as they can.

It will be interesting to see what the veterans who aren't on the list do when the volume shifts their way.

We have the tools to make change if we all work as one.