How does UPS not run out of new warehouse workers.

brownheart23

Specifically loading/unloader jobs, when I worked at UPS I saw 8+ new hires drop within the first month. How do they not run out of people to hire to fill those crucial roles, especially during the holidays because once you quit I'm told you don't get rehired. It's alot of work for little pay depending where you are.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Specifically loading/unloader jobs, when I worked at UPS I saw 8+ new hires drop within the first month. How do they not run out of people to hire to fill those crucial roles, especially during the holidays because once you quit I'm told you don't get rehired. It's alot of work for little pay depending where you are.
“Crucial roles”. Lmfao!!!!!!!!

I see 8+ new hires quit every week in the Hub. Even worse on the preload. I have noticed a lot more PT sups and I suspect HR is telling the new loaders they are management and paying them $20/hr and could be FT management with in a year. Just like HR is telling seasonal drivers they are qualifying for a FT delivery job. HR seems to come up with a new scam every few months to con young people into a minimum wage throw away job with no benefits.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

More lemmings each and every year turn 18, don't want or can't handle college, or for other reasons can't get hired elsewhere. Also some jobs want you to currently have a job before they hire you.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

It’s easy when Target,Walmart,and various other places fire them, UPS takes the leftovers.
Someone, recently said our center's have as of late started to look like outreach centers for the homeless and destitute. At first I thought that was just incredibly funny, however I'm thinking it was more on point than funny Sad really!!!

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Hope.

People see what they want to believe.

I worked at CocaCola. Everyone thought I had the greatest job in the world.
Everyone sees CocaCola.
Hardest thing to do is explain that it was all smoke and mirrors.

Everyone knows someone that works at UPS.

CoolStoryBro

Some hubs have no union employees and they are staffed by entirely part time supervisors.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I see 8+ new hires quit every week in the Hub. Even worse on the preload. I have noticed a lot more PT sups and I suspect HR is telling the new loaders they are management and paying them $20/hr and could be FT management with in a year. Just like HR is telling seasonal drivers they are qualifying for a FT delivery job. HR seems to come up with a new scam every few months to con young people into a minimum wage throw away job with no benefits.

After talking to some of my helpers, it blows my mind the half-truths and cons that our HR dept. tells these guys when they get hired.

"So I'm gonna be a full-time driver come spring, right?" :lol:

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Hope.

People see what they want to believe.

I worked at CocaCola. Everyone thought I had the greatest job in the world.
Everyone sees CocaCola.
Hardest thing to do is explain that it was all smoke and mirrors.

Everyone knows someone that works at UPS.
I used to work at CocaCola as well. During the recession, I couldn’t go a day without at least three random people asking if they were hiring.