How is the vacation bidding process going at your station..

DontThrowPackages

Outside of blocking out more weeks on the calendar, have things gone smoothly? We have lots of PTers here and they will be counted as an 8hr employee even though they're only paid 4 hrs. I don't why they don't count, two PTers, as 1 8HR employee on the schedule. Theoretically, 6 PTers could block out a day where I work. Have any other issues come up? Things are changing more and more.

AMJ1981

Same thing here as my station. And even worse, CSAs and handlers bid with couriers too. So if they have more senority, they take the good days. Dont understand why that is because we cant cover their shift and they cant cover ours.

SmithBarney

Don't worry about it, we probably will all be part time(or without jobs) by the time your next vacation comes up. People who stay will be scraping for hours, so don't worry, they'll be plenty of people willing to cover any position just for hours.

Bailey4

Spoke to a buddy of mine that works in the middle of the country at a FedEx station that they had blocked out more days because they joined a new district. What the excuse for the rest of us? Wait...I know...you plan on there being less of us so you need to block out more days.

Doc Sorting Dude

The schedule lady must be stressing out; she called me to tell me my vacation in June is not available and she mentioned a week opened in July; so I took it. When I looked at the vacation schedule later in the week she put on there my original vacation in June.

whenIgetthere

How come?

Not sure, but like The Jackal, it's been the same since I transferred in a while back. I haven't had any problem getting decent weeks here, though. At my last station, anyone bidding after the second day wasn't getting any summer weeks, and after the third day no school vacation weeks.