How long can I be absent?

qdg2

I live in an area of the south where there isn’t much to do except get high or drunk.. I know of 1 driver who has 2 DUI’s and had to call in for a week straight after his second one because for whatever reason he couldn’t make bail. I know for a fact that he did not have option days when it happened and he never got fired. Still on the road today. I think if they half way like you, you’ll be ok. Make a call to your BA.
2. Ok.

And the company knows? And UPS just let him go back to work?

And his MVDC?

My friend has 2. He spent a year EACH on the yard shifting. I talked with a fueler on the yard just the other day.....I asked because he was in browns.......at 2 a.m........fueling pkg cars......"I have a DUI".....

Your story seems.....not likely.

Here, 3 DUI's is a FELONY.

newfie

I live in an area of the south where there isn’t much to do except get high or drunk.. I know of 1 driver who has 2 DUI’s and had to call in for a week straight after his second one because for whatever reason he couldn’t make bail. I know for a fact that he did not have option days when it happened and he never got fired. Still on the road today. I think if they half way like you, you’ll be ok. Make a call to your BA.
He's got 2 Dui's and is still on the road?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
you're not suggesting you can call out one time and then not show up for 3 weeks are you? Do they still have three days absent no call?
They can still 72hr you but attendance is not a cardinal sin so it would go through the discipline process and be sorted out at Pre-Panel.

nWo

We have guys with 3+ DUIS. Multiple reckless ops. Seatbelt violations. Speeding. Resisting arrest. Disorderly conducts. Etc. Etc.
Still on the road.
I think one thing he does right is he gets the most expensive attorney he can find.

qdg2

We have guys with 3+ DUIS. Multiple reckless ops. Seatbelt violations. Speeding. Resisting arrest. Disorderly conducts. Etc. Etc.
Still on the road.
I think one thing he does right is he gets the most expensive attorney he can find.
3 DUI's a felony here.

Here, 2nd moving violation.......get's your CDL revoked.

While possible......I find your story.........uh.......remarkable.

To be clear: UPS knows all this blotter activity? Really?

newfie

They can still 72hr you but attendance is not a cardinal sin so it would go through the discipline process and be sorted out at Pre-Panel.
3 days absent no call is job abandonment ? Its not a disciplinary action by the company but an act of abandoning your job by the employee.

takesteady

2. Ok.

And the company knows? And UPS just let him go back to work?

And his MVDC?

My friend has 2. He spent a year EACH on the yard shifting. I talked with a fueler on the yard just the other day.....I asked because he was in browns.......at 2 a.m........fueling pkg cars......"I have a DUI".....

Your story seems.....not likely.

Here, 3 DUI's is a FELONY.
It’s crazy to think about, but there are some parts of this country where it is rare to find anyone WITHOUT at least a few DUI’s.

EmpireUPS909

Trailer sweep is a cake walk
Had a DUI almost 10 years ago. Court had me like I had not completed my court ordered classes. It took almost two weeks to get the paperwork to clear me. I did have an outstanding fine that I never finished paying off. Judge eliminated the fine due to time served. Been driving for years, had a warrant all along. Was pulled over driving to the supermarket. Let this be a lesson. Take care of any outstanding fines, tickets etc. They don't forget and it will catch up with you when you least expect it

qdg2

It’s crazy to think about, but there are some parts of this country where it is rare to find anyone WITHOUT at least a few DUI’s.
Really?

Anyone........(means everyone).

Crazy.....yes......the thought....

That would be tens if not hundreds of millions......you realize?

Where are these parts?

Calif. has 27 million drivers for example. Texas 17 million....

I will say I do know a handful of folks that do have multiple DUI's...a few. And the other parts of their lives are similar disasters.

I know lot's of folks that have never received a speeding ticket or even seen the inside of a jail or where the jail is in their town.

qdg2

Had a DUI almost 10 years ago. Court had me like I had not completed my court ordered classes. It took almost two weeks to get the paperwork to clear me. I did have an outstanding fine that I never finished paying off. Judge eliminated the fine due to time served. Been driving for years, had a warrant all along. Was pulled over driving to the supermarket. Let this be a lesson. Take care of any outstanding fines, tickets etc. They don't forget and it will catch up with you when you least expect it
How did you renew your drivers license all that time? Plates.......registration? Have the wife do it?

Here, that all pops up for the clerk. MOF, there is a big sign on the wall about warrants etc. MOF, a big deputy sitting right there.