How long did it take you drivers to become drivers?

RealPerson

We can't get people to sign the Full Time Driver list here.... They hire right off the street..

When I first started 20 years ago, it was a 5-7 year wait!!!

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Started as a casual. For 10 yrs. Then full time for 17 plus now. Still only get 4 weeks vacation for 2 more yrs. Product of the beginnings of teamster concessions and give aways

truckofdreams

Started at 18 took 6 years to tcd. Tcd for one year now I'm full-time for a year. But I know some one that took three months in my building just depends on the building.

Dr.Brownz

i just got week 1 of preloading over with and its been rough, felt like quitting after day 3 but I'm gonna grind thru it to become a truck driver. I've talked to some of the drivers and the youngest I've seen was 24, he just became a driver 1.5 years ago and been there since 19 which means it took him 3.5 years..am I really going to have to grind preload for 3.5 years?? I was told by Hr that I could be driver by 21 but after talking to the drivers, I feel like that was bullchit.

I only worked PT for 6 months before I was driving everyday. A bunch of guys in my center have gotten lucky with short waits, one even got 1 month of PT work before becoming a driver. It just depends.

NXA

2.5 years as a preloader. If you feel like your 5 hour shift is too much work, you probably won't want a 12-hour. Yes there are easier routes, but most of them are working more and more like preload every week. My recommendation would to use the rest of your day to get a better career going.