how long did it take you to drive?

unloady

that's insane? the hub I am going to are letting people drive within the first year... one guy drove in 10 weeks. 5 years wow
Every building is different. Not really sure how big mine is compared to other areas. We have 10 Unload doors and 4 box lines if that gives you an idea. Rumor is that a bunch of the older drivers are retiring or jumping over into feeders so maybe the wait time will drop. Who knows lol.

JustDeliverIt

see, that's something I never knew about. I assumed it was FT off the bat

Yeah, you can work 59.99 hours a week as a driver and are PT cover until they get to you on the seniority list in your building. And each building is different, some might not take long (3-5 years) and I've been told some waited 14-15. Some are hiring FT off the street, just depends.

Like others have said, it depends on the center. The past five years at my center it has taken under a year inside to become a driver. Currently though it seems they are taking anyone that puts their name on the list regardless of how long they've been working. We also have a feeder hub with 200+ drivers, so that helps speed the process along.

WTFm8

Day 1 I was at driver school.

Said it was mandatory 30 inside after school till I could drive... found out this is because the company does a bait/switch to classify you as PT.

FIRST YEAR I had over 2,200hrs. I’m at 900 already this year... but ‘part time’ ‘temporary cover driver’.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
First time full time was offered to me was 7-8yrs but I turned it down. Finally took it a few years ago. Wish I would have said yea earlier but it wasn’t something I wanted to do. Still not sure I made the right decision.

BUCN85

7 years for me. Now seasonal loaders who ended up permanent are now in their 30 days qualifying. Management love these types cause they don’t know the politics yet and think management is their friend.