How long have u worked at UPS and how many years do u have left until retirement?

Marne Vet

I feel like a rookie among most of you in this thread. I'm pushing 20 years, and need at least 11-12 more. Highly doubt I'll remain a driver. My back and knees are falling apart.

Marne Vet

Can't. Turned them down earlier this year. I can't take a bid where it's not a steady shift. Even though as a driver I'm never home at the same time every night, I start at the same time every day, and I don't work weekends, and with my current family situation with the kids in school etc, I can't do the Q List. Really wish I could.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I feel like a rookie among most of you in this thread. I'm pushing 20 years, and need at least 11-12 more. Highly doubt I'll remain a driver. My back and knees are falling apart.
Shave, cut your hair and dish those glasses and you could go into management.
Oh yeah, you have to give up any silly idea that your beliefs have any meaning or significance.

Marne Vet

Shave, cut your hair and dish those glasses and you could go into management.
Oh yeah, you have to give up any silly idea that your beliefs have any meaning or significance.

Almost crossed over to the Dark Side, but someone I know that was a driver, became a sup, then quit the company completely dissuaded me from doing so.

OPTION3

I have 28 in….When I saw a dis mngr…..Totally Berate and eviscerate an on road 1 day around my 5th or 6th year….I said friend that……I would have punched that :censored2: in the face and lost my job….not for me

Ouch

="Hoaxster, post: 1102572, member: 7966"]Work at UPS 39 years 9 months and 26 days.
Minus 2 days until retirement.[/quote]
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

upschuck

I took the inside job a little while back(medical reasons). Blood pressure perfect now, body in general feels better, don't have to deal with snow, rain, heat, or cold, and easier work. Not much OT, but if you can handle the less pay, then I recommend it. Just pick the right job. You want to be healthy and be able to enjoy your retirement.

oldngray

nowhere special
I had 34 years. I wanted to go 1 more year but my body was just wearing out. I have rested and healed up after retiring and feel about 10 years younger. I almost took an inside job just to add more years but I was just too tired of the daily BS. Plus I was in a position where I could leave if I wanted to. That was the UPS plan - long hours and harassment so the oldtimers would retire and most drivers with over 30 years, or even 25 left over about a 2 year period.

30 years yesterday but starting in November as Christmas hire. Taking all of my vacation and sick pay for a total of about 15 weeks and then saying adios amigo. In my local we have Peer 80.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I could retire this year with 25 and out. Kids still in college, a couple years left on the house, wife only 28. 2019 Im gone, maybe 2018.

Worked 33 years. If you can afford to retire and, are able to retire, do so. Any additional years you work you will never get back. Just remember...Retirement is when you start working at living, not living at work!

twoweeled

29 years; will continue as long as i remain healthy and happy
First let me say, I understand it's entirely up to you when you retire. Having said that. I hear this same response all the time. But what is the thought here. Do you want to wait till your unhealthy and not happy to retire? I have 30, healthy, all my important parts still work. Can't wait to get out of here!

ActionJaxson

Started 1986, saw the writing on the wall and retired in 2013 @55 with 27 years in.
Life is good! To the many that are still in my best wishes to you and your families in this new year 2014.
Health, Peace and Prosperity to all you wonderful UPSer's !!!