How long have you worked for UPS?

How many years have you been employed by UPS?

• Less than 1 year

Votes: 61 5.9%
  • 1 -2 years

Votes: 81 7.8%
  • 3 - 5 years

Votes: 104 10.0%
  • 6 - 7 years

Votes: 53 5.1%
  • 8 - 10 years

Votes: 87 8.3%
  • 11 - 15 years

Votes: 124 11.9%
  • 16 - 20 years

Votes: 146 14.0%
  • 21 - 25 years

Votes: 165 15.8%
  • 26 - 30 years

Votes: 81 7.8%
  • More than 30 years

Votes: 140 13.4%

• Total voters

storm4

I was there 23 years really loved my job, people called me crazy! But eventualy got screwed, doesn't matter how much you love something or how good a job you do, someone always wants to kick you in face!

I joined forces with UPS years back because of the reputation that the business had for its ethics and integrity. I miss those days so much!
:angry:

storm4

UPS drivers always made the public feel like everything in the business behind them was first rate. You're right, perhaps it never really did exist, but it sure would be nice if we could head the business in that direction now and leave it as a legacy for those that follow.

35 years all in New Jersey.Started out as a furniture helper for a store named Bambergers ( now macy's) for 11 years then went to UPS feeder school at the Secaucus NJ hub (Meadowlands to you)drove feeders for 20 years and finished up as a porter at the same location 4 years.That was were you go to gear down from all the pressure years driving feeders.LOL
Made 20 year "Circle of Honor" Of course that was all you needed in those ancient years.Gearing down is the big secret to collecting a lot of Pension checks (192) so far.Going for 500.LOL that will come to $1,250,000. and no COLA.
Live in florida now 16 years at Spring Hill, home of the "Little Mermaid" Weeki Wachee. Married 46 years to the same woman.(fact) Did you know a guy gets less time for murder.LOL (she does not use the computer so there will be no blackmail)Ha!
Ok thats me.Hope I didn't bore ya'll.I haven't deceided which is better Ya'll or Youz.
Stories? I got stories that you would not believe but thats another story.
here's a sample (Going to a bar for shots and beers for breakfast before going on route.no bull.
C-Ya

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
35 years all in New Jersey.Started out as a furniture helper for a store named Bambergers ( now macy's) for 11 years then went to UPS feeder school at the Secaucus NJ hub (Meadowlands to you)drove feeders for 20 years and finished up as a porter at the same location 4 years.That was were you go to gear down from all the pressure years driving feeders.LOL
Made 20 year "Circle of Honor" Of course that was all you needed in those ancient years.Gearing down is the big secret to collecting a lot of Pension checks (192) so far.Going for 500.LOL that will come to $1,250,000. and no COLA.
Live in florida now 16 years at Spring Hill, home of the "Little Mermaid" Weeki Wachee. Married 46 years to the same woman.(fact) Did you know a guy gets less time for murder.LOL (she does not use the computer so there will be no blackmail)Ha!
Ok thats me.Hope I didn't bore ya'll.I haven't deceided which is better Ya'll or Youz.
Stories? I got stories that you would not believe but thats another story.
here's a sample (Going to a bar for shots and beers for breakfast before going on route.no bull.
C-Ya
Nice! Welcome to the Brown Cafe. Would love to hear those stories sometime. I'm in Florida, as well. Formerly from NYC. I think they refer to my situation as, Witness Relocation. :wink2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
1.5 years as as part-time supervisor
You need to update your blog about your switch to MGMT, also known as THE DARK SIDE. It would also be nice if you could explain this little tidbit from your blog (A lot of union employees dislike management because management tries to make them work hard.) Maybe you could start a new thread about your perspectives and see what people have to say.

jillk1370396

I have been w/ups for 7 rough years.Rough,because I have been moved so many times from am to pm and now layoff,which has been crippling to my entire life. I actually need a new objective at this point,and find myself standing at this crossroad,with very little comfort or security,wondering what to do now. I can't even go to the dentist(etc.) because my benefits expired. But they do still call me a couple times per month,demanding my presence@the last min,which then messes up my edd benefits. I could go on and on but I just don't think it matters to the anyone enough to change things. What happened to customer service at Ups anyway? Is that the price of going corporate??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have been w/ups for 7 rough years.Rough,because I have been moved so many times from am to pm and now layoff,which has been crippling to my entire life. I actually need a new objective at this point,and find myself standing at this crossroad,with very little comfort or security,wondering what to do now. I can't even go to the dentist(etc.) because my benefits expired. But they do still call me a couple times per month,demanding my presence@the last min,which then messes up my edd benefits. I could go on and on but I just don't think it matters to the anyone enough to change things. What happened to customer service at Ups anyway? Is that the price of going corporate??

It sounds as though it may be time for you to move on. A job that only employs you several times a month is not a job. The economy is starting to turn around so job opportunities should become more abundant. UPS, at least for most part-timers, is just a job, not a career, so you need to do what is best for you.

As far as the customer service and corporate remarks, those are simply the result of the frustration that you feel toward your job and UPS.

Good luck in your job search.