How long is your commute to your center?

Cowboy26aa

1st 17 years it was 21 miles each way and took about 30 minutes. Last 17 years it was 53 each way and took about an hour. Add about 420 miles for feeder run and last 17 was a long day. Worked 5 days a week. I retired Aug of 08.

UPS4Life

Sometimes, the walk from my car to my work area takes longer than the commute.
I'm about 6 miles away. It typically takes ~15 minutes to drive - depending on how I hit the light cycles.
Cameron and Paxton blow. That's what decides my trip also is the light cycles. During the day it can add 10-15 minutes it seems if you hit the lights wrong. In the morning on your way to work you should be golden though!

km3

About 18 miles. Takes around 30 minutes without traffic. Kind of annoying, but at least I work the night shift. Got the freeway all to myself on the way home.

J

jibbs

All green lights? About 6min.

A single red light? Up it to about 15min. Traffic lights are :censored2:ed in my area, and they stack rows of them bitches on every street. Go a quarter mile and you're hitting 5 lights, then you're turning on an interstate with a light about every quarter mile after that, and then I turn onto another off-road with 4 more lights stacked in the half mile it takes me on that road to get to my center, plus those train tracks that every UPS center seems to be located next to.

[EDIT: ~3.5 miles]

Last edited by a moderator:

FlaccidEgo

15 miles, about 20 minutes because of the hours and the fact it is an "anti-commute" outside of rush hour. If I was doing it during rush hour I bet it would take 3-4 times as long.