How many calories do you drivers consume on the average work day?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I rarely see fast food since going Feeder. No Feeder fourty for me.

When I do Sleeper runs I pack all my own food and go to about 1000 calories a day.
Same. In delivery I didn't worry too much about it, since going to feeders I really had to tighten up. Don't use a calorie counter but I basically eliminated simple carbs, no sugar, no bread, no pasta...

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I always eat light during the day, just enough to not be fatigued or hungry. Usually it’s a banana or apple with a clean turkey sandwich and a bag of cheez it’s or beef jerkey. Then eat a full meal when I get home.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My Fitbit claims I burn 5000-6000 calories and I will usually walk 12-14 miles a day. I don't know if that's really accurate though.

oldngray

nowhere special
My Fitbit claims I burn 5000-6000 calories and I will usually walk 12-14 miles a day. I don't know if that's really accurate though.
That sounds high. I would easily believe at least 4000 though. Package drivers are active enough that calories aren't a big concern. Whether they are nutritional is more of a problem. Too much wolfing down fast food.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I am 6'3" 195lbs
When I was working I was about 175 to 185 with 3% body fat
I consumed 3500 to 4000 calories a day.

Since I retired I work out 7 days a week and run 30 miles a week.
Eat 2500 to 3000 calories a day
Have 5% body fat
Take zero medications
Plan to live well past 100 years old.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Walking at a brisk pace burns about 100 calories per mile. If you're really burning 5-6 thousand calories a day you must be doing something in addition to all that walking.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I am 6'3" 195lbs
When I was working I was about 175 to 185 with 3% body fat
I consumed 3500 to 4000 calories a day.

Since I retired I work out 7 days a week and run 30 miles a week.
Eat 2500 to 3000 calories a day
Have 5% body fat
Take zero medications
Plan to live well past 100 years old.
I run 45-50 miles a week now, when I retire I'm gonna kick it up a notch.