How many "dead days"

542thruNthru

How many dead days (days off with no pay) if any do you take off a year?

Last year I had 34 dead days. This year I'm already at 23.

Anyone else? :)

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I only take off if i am sick or something important like my sons birthday. At 2000$ a week that is 400$ you are giving up by calling in.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
0 so far, I usually take 1 or 2 for things that I have to be at and usually take all my vacations in week stints. Trying to go for 0 this year the wife is still in school trying to break 95k this year.

Johney

Zero. And I get my unused days paid back every year.
Dude that's just wrong. Why leave freebie days? Unless you're one who can't afford an 8 or 10 hour option day without 2 hours of overtime in it? I know a few of them.....sickening. Like the guys who have to stack their o/t before vacation because their vacation check is too small?

over9five

Staff member
Dude that's just wrong. Why leave freebie days? Unless you're one who can't afford an 8 or 10 hour option day without 2 hours of overtime in it? I know a few of them.....sickening. Like the guys who have to stack their o/t before vacation because their vacation check is too small?
Dude, I've paid off my house, have no cc bills... It's all about work ethic. I'm trying to break that habit and use all my days, but I guess I'm too old to change.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'll generally take 5-6 unpaid days a year, usually to go do something fun with Ms Jones. We can roll up to 5 sick days over but I've never done it. Life's too short to work all the time.