How many hours to package car drivers typically work a week ?

DoctorMario

I know the answer varies but im trying to get an average. Thinking about signing the bid list but wanna let my family know how long I'll be working. Thanks in advance.

ManInBrown

I average between 45-50 per week. Rarely hit the 50. If I added up every week this year and divided by weeks I have a feeling it would be about 47.

DoctorMario

Oh ok. I wonder why everyone says if you're a driver you'll have no life outside of work. My dad worked 2 jobs most of his life but still had time for us and he worked more than 50 hrs a week.

PeasAndCarrots

If you start at 9 every day and with being a new driver, you'll be working till 8pm almost every night until you get the swing of your route and the routines.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Oh ok. I wonder why everyone says if you're a driver you'll have no life outside of work. My dad worked 2 jobs most of his life but still had time for us and he worked more than 50 hrs a week.
Because 50 hours a week still usually puts you getting home after 8pm if you have an hour lunch. I am on the 9.5 list and usually get home around 7:30.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If your family can't accept that you don't have a freaking clue when you'll be home at night then driver is not
For you.

aiian

This year my average is 48.47 hours a week but that number has been dropping as of late.

As far as family time, I'm betting your old man didn't start at nine everyday.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Add one hour to that 47 number for lunch, so for most of us 57 hours plus. Add onto that commute time. No wonder I'm tired.

jaker

trolling
That's right there Is funny

I am up at 530 out of the house to work at 630 and get back home at 830 and in bed at 930 , see all the family time I have in a day