How many hours to package car drivers typically work a week ?

oldngray

nowhere special
We have drivers that start at 9:00 AM and are back to the building between 4:30 and 5:00 everyday. Just depends on how hard you want to work.

Untrue. Allowances and amount of work on every route varies. Some routes you will be out late no matter how hard you work. Others (but not many) you can coast and still be in early.

DoctorMario

This year my average is 48.47 hours a week but that number has been dropping as of late.

As far as family time, I'm betting your old man didn't start at nine everyday.
Yeah my old man didnt have to be at work at 9. He had to be at work at 7am. His day was wake up at 6am and get to work by 7am. He'll be home at 3:45, eat, nap(if he could) and be at his other job by 5:30 pm. Wont get home till 10:00 pm and be in bed by midnight. He did that for 20+ years.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I routinely have guarantee pay on my check.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1414195667.193904.jpg

Sent using a Potato

scisector9

Average outside of peak would be around 48 hours a week. I'm a second year ft cover driver. We have a handful of drivers, maybe 5 of 50, that don't usually work much over 40 and the same number that work close to 60 a week. The rest fall somewhere in between.

I think the hardest part of any drivers hours is trying to plan things. One day you may be slammed with packages and stops out till 7 or 8 and the next day light on both and off at 5 on the same route. Lots of variables that effect your day out there so nothing is consistent. Especially dispatch. Most of the early gravy routes are filled by senior drivers who have put in their time.

Hope that helps.

Cheers