How many hours to package car drivers typically work a week ?

FatherBrown

I'm still new to the game, a little over 6 months in. Last week I did a different route every day, 4 of them cold/blind, and I got 59.5 hours. As a newer cut driver you can probably expect anywhere from 47-60 a week.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Thats crazy! great money,but no life. trust me....those kids grow up fast! too fast.
Yep, that's why we've agreed that the wife doesn't have to work so that they can have the flexibility to do afterschool activities. Daughter is doing mock trial, academic bowl and tap, all of which I wouldn't be able to take her to even at 9.5 hours a day. Fortunately, UPS allows me to make enough money to make up for the wife not working and have a very comfortable lifestyle.

Just got done taking the family on a hike and playing Monopoly after dinner. My TV consumption is next to zero besides shows that are DVRed during the week the wife and I can catch up on together.

Yep, that's why we've agreed that the wife doesn't have to work so that they can have the flexibility to do afterschool activities. Daughter is doing mock trial, academic bowl and tap, all of which I wouldn't be able to take her to even at 9.5 hours a day. Fortunately, UPS allows me to make enough money to make up for the wife not working and have a very comfortable lifestyle.

Just got done taking the family on a hike and playing Monopoly after dinner. My TV consumption is next to zero besides shows that are DVRed during the week the wife and I can catch up on together.
I didnt let my wife work,while the kids were. in school. Mow that they are grown up,im done being an overtime whore. It takes a toll on you,after a few decades.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I didnt let my wife work,while the kids were. in school. Mow that they are grown up,im done being an overtime whore. It takes a toll on you,after a few decades.
Yeah, I've got 15 FT in and only 15 left, 10 years from now my youngest will be out of 4 year college and that leaves me with 5. I'll take the last 5 years at UPS and relax, working just to pay the taxes on my investments and finishing up paying off the house, all the while traveling with the wife during my vacations. All of this are obviously best case scenarios.

llamainmypocket

Psh. Im working 55-60 currently and i started at 70 hours between my two jobs. I'd have so much time if driving really is 45-50 hours. Lets just hope the pay increases can catch up to the debt i accumulate from spending money due to boredom.

Love the look of fear in someones eye at the prospect of a 60 hour workweek. Its as if they've just been diagnosed with a terminal illness and their life is over. Try splitting your sleep cycle into two four hour blocks so you can swing two jobs. Now thats tough.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I know the answer varies but im trying to get an average. Thinking about signing the bid list but wanna let my family know how long I'll be working. Thanks in advance.
I live 15 min from my hub and spend more time in my "brown office" than I do at my house.
if I want to work 40-43 hours per week, I'd have to call in sick one day per wk.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I used to work 10.5 + hours a day. Finally wiser up and got on the 9.5 list. Now I am one of those "slugs" young runners go to help.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
lots of factors determine the amount of hours a driver works besides dispatch. Load quality being a major one... if I walk down to my truck in the morning & have a machine gun load, I know im in for a longer day...