How many times have you come off a route for another one?

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
The day I get a route I will do the exact same routine every day for the remainder of my career. No more 180 stops one day, 240 stops the next, 89 today. Then the green light of death comes:
“Oh and when you finish go help out _____”

Consistent stop/piece count is what I’m looking forward to most. Cover driving gets old.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The day I get a route I will do the exact same routine every day for the remainder of my career. No more 180 stops one day, 240 stops the next, 89 today. Then the green light of death comes:

Consistent stop/piece count is what I’m looking forward to most. Cover driving gets old.

Sorry, ain’t gonna happen that way.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

IMG_2537.JPG

9.5er

We bid every year. Had my own route one year. No one above me wanted it so I took it. After being a cover driver for my first 5 years, I got tired of going to the same places every day. The next year some one took that route and I’ve been covering ever since. So 12 of my 13 years of driving has been as a cover driver. Could have bid on a crap route last two years. I’d rather run different routes.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
We don’t bid routes here. Just a start time. Makes for some exciting moments in the morning. I’ve seen grown men cry, people quit, fights too.

trickpony1

We don’t bid routes here. Just a start time. Makes for some exciting moments in the morning. I’ve seen grown men cry, people quit, fights too.

Does the union let this happen?
Is it because management doesn't want the hassle of bidding every year or two?

Is it done purposely to create turmoil and drama among the hourly?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Does the union let this happen?
Is it because management doesn't want the hassle of bidding every year or two?

Is it done purposely to create turmoil and drama among the hourly?
Apparently our local gave bidding up in our supplement for something years ago, never to get it back. The drama is brutal some days, they both (union and management) play both sides of it.