how much do ups city truck drivers get paid? in TEXAS

satellitedriver

how are the days of coming up through the ranks over? if you are union it is and always has been by seniority. unless you mean management?

General reference to the days that one had to start at the bottom and work their way up.
Remember the days when all sups, up to the CEO, started in pre-load or off street driver hire?
Back then, the company was growing and all upward mobility came from in house talent.
Now, on road sups are people that have never driven a route, part-timers start pay is less than Taco Bell and they do not get benefits.
Yeah, the union has kept everyone staying in line.

OG MIKE

less that taco bell?! dame lol im gonna start off in package handler part time and it said the hourly rate is $9.50

Tyland89

Hey im from Texas ive never replied to anything just read this that and the other but I found this post rather interesting, im from Texas as well Austin to be exact started when I was 18 fresh out of high school lol because my mom told me I better go to school or find a good job but anyways...I wanted to ask OG Mike how are you doing now bro? and wanted to state you have to have a long way to go dude, next May 2010! will be my 4th year of waiting im 21 I turn 22 in feb so im not really in a rush unlike some 30-40yr olds still waiting and I have more senority then them, and after that second year ive been sick and tired of the PT and am dying for a FT driver pay check but I dont see it happening anytime soon because I see my TCD friends being sent home several times a week, this peak has been so weak compared to 07 when I started smh I have seen the volume DECREASE every month it seems since I started smh but theres rumors around stating that there are so many drivers retiring or whatever I surely do hope so because I would have went to college if i knew it would take this long but hey you live and learn I still have time im only 21 !!!