how much was your first paycheck if you remember?

QKRSTKR

I had a few checks around $80 bucks. Union dues and intimation fees same week worked out to about $45 at the time. Only worked 15hrs.

My very 1st job as a kid at local bowling alley, $3.35 an hour, many checks about $40. I was 14-15 years old and living big. Bowled for free. :)

Squint

No more work for me!
$30. I made a dollar a day on my paper route back when paper routes didn't require a car. Had 140 houses each day. I had to come back home on Sunday's and refill the bags as the paper's were so thick on that day. Oh, you mean UPS?...like someone else said, that was a long time ago.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Back in 1977 , dues were $12.50 and initiation was $25 .
Starting rate was $2 below top rate ,around $7.65 .
Worked the midnight to 3 am and plenty of times they forced us to help out with the preload .

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
My first check was for $200,and I took home $140.00 ...............according to teh Inflation Calculator it would be comparable to making $440

oldupsman

I don't remember how much my first check was but I remember I started as a fulltime driver off the street
in 1975 at 5.89 an hour. I thought I was set for life.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Hmmmm...1997 my first check was for about 73 bucks...around 20 hours but those initiation fees took their toll. I think we had them come out over 4 checks at...35 a week. I could be wrong about how much the initiation was...you'd have figured I would have been pissed, but I had visions of beer and Jack in the Box dancing in my head.

Dash549

I get my first check this Thursday, i'm not bummed out or anything cause i know this job is a part time and i should get around 110-120 after tax.

I just want to know how was your reaction on your first paycheck if you remember?

​Started about 5 and a half weeks ago, first paycheck was $201 after taxes

IlllIIllIIlllIllIIIlIlIlI

My first 2 or so paychecks were $0. They took out initiation, union dues, employment taxes all at once. $250 initiation, $17 dues, $50 employment tax + various other taxes, and i also was also only working a couple days a week.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If memory serves..3 days of 4 hrs of "training" at minimum wage..which was 5.15 at the time lmao. After taxes, I probably brought home 50 bucks!!