How much will my first pay check be?

Tay620

I was in a classroom for 3 days what should have been 5. but thanksgiving weekend, How much will my first paycheck be?, im assuming not much.

UPSGUY72

I was in a classroom for 3 days what should have been 5. but thanksgiving weekend, How much will my first paycheck be?, im assuming not much.

That all depends on your job tittle and whether your a Temp or permanent UPS employee. You will find out Friday of this coming week when you get your check.

moreluck

golden ticket member
That all depends on your job tittle and whether your a Temp or permanent UPS employee. You will find out Friday of this coming week when you get your check.
TITTLE ??? Were you looking at Dilli's picture while writing this post ?...or dreaming of the days of Y.A. ??

rocket man

More than you would have got a fedx, and union dues are worth it, ask hoaxter if he wants people to pay dues when hes retired? and some how hoaxter and many others think (ups is the only company in the union. (suprise its not. HOW MANY RANTS AND RAVES AM I GONNA GET ON THIS? OOO NO MY FEELINGS ARE HURT. HOW MUCH DO I GET PAID? I HAVE 35 YEARS IN SHOULD I GO TO PORTER I HAVE NO ONE TO ASK? IS UPS A HARD JOB.? SHOULD I GO TO FULL TIME MANAGMENT ? BECAUSE ITS GONNA TAKE ME A LONG TIME TO BECOME A DRIVER? AND WHEN theres a open spot they will let me change to driver is that correct? i need to take off 2 months and i have been with the company 2 months do you think they would mind? HEY hoaxter next time you tell some one how bad union dues are. you are telling the people you and i are counting on to keep it going, so we have a safe retirement fund. because if the the union goes you watch what this company will do no more gaurd shacks just a revolving door will be needed, im sorry im my typing is bad . People better wake up,

trickpony1

More than you would have got a fedx, and union dues are worth it, ask hoaxter if he wants people to pay dues when hes retired? and some how hoaxter and many others think (ups is the only company in the union. (suprise its not. HOW MANY RANTS AND RAVES AM I GONNA GET ON THIS? OOO NO MY FEELINGS ARE HURT. HOW MUCH DO I GET PAID? I HAVE 35 YEARS IN SHOULD I GO TO PORTER I HAVE NO ONE TO ASK? IS UPS A HARD JOB.? SHOULD I GO TO FULL TIME MANAGMENT ? BECAUSE ITS GONNA TAKE ME A LONG TIME TO BECOME A DRIVER? AND WHEN theres a open spot they will let me change to driver is that correct? i need to take off 2 months and i have been with the company 2 months do you think they would mind? HEY hoaxter next time you tell some one how bad union dues are. you are telling the people you and i are counting on to keep it going, so we have a safe retirement fund. because if the the union goes you watch what this company will do no more gaurd shacks just a revolving door will be needed, im sorry im my typing is bad . People better wake up,

Rockit-
have another beer.....it'll be okay.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

It's just that I feel guilty having these seasonal part-timers paying union dues and initiation fees when they are making $8/hr and you and I are riding around making over $30 and hour. I am a progressive thinking Joe and it just does not seem right that we're making all this big money and our dues are so little compared to what we make and this guy is struggling, living in his car and taking almost his whole paycheck to pays his initiation fees and dues and he will never get a pension or really get any Union help.

It just seems us old-timers get all the benefit from these newly hired brothers and sisters dues.

We do thank you tay620 although we are a bit ashamed about it.

Inthegame

It's just that I feel guilty having these seasonal part-timers paying union dues and initiation fees when they are making $8/hr and you and I are riding around making over $30 and hour. I am a progressive thinking Joe and it just does not seem right that we're making all this big money and our dues are so little compared to what we make and this guy is struggling, living in his car and taking almost his whole paycheck to pays his initiation fees and dues and he will never get a pension or really get any Union help.

It just seems us old-timers get all the benefit from these newly hired brothers and sisters dues.

Well if you're really ashamed pay his initiation and dues for him. Every union employee has to pay dues and initiation. I did many years ago and it was the best money I ever spent. His dues will be 2X his wage per month until he reaches $20 per hour. At $8 per hour he'll pay $16 monthly dues. That is not oppressive. Initiation will be taken out in payments as most locals understand the impact of a one time deduction. If this member doesn't work 30 days he most likely will have no dues/initiation withheld, or will be entitled to a refund. Maybe if UPS would start deducting dues from all the supervisors constantly doing bargaining unit work, local unions could afford to forgive dues until seniority.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well if you're really ashamed pay his initiation and dues for him. Every union employee has to pay dues and initiation. I did many years ago and it was the best money I ever spent. His dues will be 2X his wage per month until he reaches $20 per hour. At $8 per hour he'll pay $16 monthly dues. That is not oppressive. Initiation will be taken out in payments as most locals understand the impact of a one time deduction. If this member doesn't work 30 days he most likely will have no dues/initiation withheld, or will be entitled to a refund. Maybe if UPS would start deducting dues from all the supervisors constantly doing bargaining unit work, local unions could afford to forgive dues until seniority.

What sense does it make to take initiation fees and union dues from temporary employees?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

He's misrepresenting himself.
He is in management for those who don't know.
The only dues he pays is on his knees.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
He's misrepresenting himself.
He is in management for those who don't know.
The only dues he pays is on his knees.

I said we and was replying to rocket man and I paid dues as a P/T and a friend/T driver.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, IT IS AN ACCURATE DESCRIPTION OF A CORRUPT AND DISHONEST SYSTEM!