How new UPS CEO Carol Tomé jumpstarted the stock after six years of its shares going nowhere

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
How new UPS CEO Carol Tomé jumpstarted the stock after six years of its shares going nowhere - CNBC

• “I could get in there and swizzle the business model a little bit and create some value,” UPS CEO Carol Tomé said at the CNBC Evolve Global Summit.
  • The former Home Depot CFO says the 114-year-old company had been slow to innovate, mired in bureaucracy, and since joining it has been spending more on ground delivery and growth among small and medium-sized businesses.
  • Tomé says UPS also is focusing on growing employee satisfaction, which includes relaxing restrictions on hairstyles and tattoos.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
I love the make it an easier place to work allowing beards. Uumm you lost a lawsuit is the only reason beards are allowed.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Tattoos and ratty hair turned the company around? Is she for real? The preload cant wrap a present to save its life!

Est.1998

It's a freaking joke the pandemic is over

All residents who get a COVID-19 vaccine will be enrolled in the chance to win a college scholarship, a tricked-out truck, or hunting rifles, in addition to a $1.588 million grand prize. The program, which will run from June 20 through Aug. 4, will be paid for through federal pandemic relief funds.

"The faster we get people across the finish line the more lives we save. That's all there is to it," Justice said.